Castle Malting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that. I checked out the recipes section and at this stage I wonder how I actually passed physics and chemistry at school. Mind blown. :electric:

But of course it's all easy-peasy for many of you. ;)

At first glance some good looking recipes... but has anyone noticed something odd about them?

The quantities are for 100L (1HL) runs, but they don't add up! Of the two recipes I've tried to add to Beersmith the grain bill I've had to multiply by 1.5, and the hops by 5! And a recipe containing 20-25% Special-B can't be right? Hum... user beware. Still, some fine inspirations, but as marketing of Castle Malting stuff, I'm not so sure!

I'd been looking for somewhere that sells their malt and geterbrewed has it (listed as chateau malt). Going to get some for my Belgian and French beers

I'd been looking for somewhere that sells their malt and geterbrewed has it (listed as chateau malt). Going to get some for my Belgian and French beers

HBC have a good selection too, and if you get it from their .ie site you can get the excellent euro/sterling exchange rate benefits....

A bit of perseverance and I got some recipes to "behave". Seems I made some bad choices to start with; "Dark Dubbel Beer" still doesn't add up.

Still find the hop rates pretty suspect!

Thanks "Serum" for the supplier suggestion; got some stuff ordered from "Geterbrew".

Should be an interesting test of my new system to try out these stepped temperature mashes; looks manageable, unlike full-on decoction mashing.

A bit of perseverance and I got some recipes to "behave". Seems I made some bad choices to start with; "Dark Dubbel Beer" still doesn't add up.

Still find the hop rates pretty suspect!

Thanks "Serum" for the supplier suggestion; got some stuff ordered from "Geterbrew".

Should be an interesting test of my new system to try out these stepped temperature mashes; looks manageable, unlike full-on decoction mashing.

Maybe they translated them a bit haphazardly, maybe that is the actual recipe they use, who knows? Either way, I doubt they use Beersmith or any other such recipe generator, rather more following recipes that they've used for decades I should imagine.

Latest posts

Back