CBC/Meantime/The Malt Miller British IPA Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've just opened a 2021 Fullers Vintage Ale that is hopped (partly) with Olicana. It's excellent. Maybe a strong, crystal-heavy, traditional ale could be a good way to go in this competition.

The Fullers is liquid toffee and marmalade. Almost like a good Tawny Port.

I think lots it’s worth taking the offer and brewing it but then unless you think you have nailed it and got a chance of a top three spot I can’t se the point of sending it in given the costs and the fact you will get no feedback.

And even if you are really happy with your brew and send it in with high expectations how disappointing
to miss out and get no fed back?

I think lots it’s worth taking the offer and brewing it but then unless you think you have nailed it and got a chance of a top three spot I can’t se the point of sending it in given the costs and the fact you will get no feedback.

And even if you are really happy with your brew and send it in with high expectations how disappointing
to miss out and get no fed back?
Bit like brewcon then

This turned up today. Turns out I'm entering it then...

PXL_20221019_193126757.PORTRAIT.jpg

I got one too, wasn’t impressed with the beer but I’m just not into hoppy beers right now. I didn’t find it tasted very nice, didn’t finish it. Probably won’t enter the comp but I do like the mug!
I was buying some items from MM so thought I’d have a go as have a recipe in mind but also wasn’t a lover of the beer and wonder what a judge or experienced brewer thought of it.

I'm going to be brewing my entry tomorrow.

I quite liked the Now IPA beer but there's definitely a lot of heavy lifting being done by the Chevallier malt though which may not be to everyone's taste.

Only planning on using a small amount of Chevallier in mine to see if it provides a background note of orange marmalade without drowning out the hop flavours.

Brewed mine today, didn’t use Chevalier in mine, added a touch of chocolate though. I liked the beer once it warmed up a bit. Wasn’t impressed with the mug the join on it is pretty poor.

Latest posts

Back