cheap apple juice at lidl

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickthebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
just been to lidls and they have apple juice @ 50p for 1.5litres!!!

got enough to do a 5gallon brew of turbo cider in my FV!!

(15 x 50p = £7.50 + sachet cider yeast @ £1.05 = about 21p a pint)

:thumb: :drunk: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

just got to wait for my FV to be empty!! :hmm:

Wohay I went and bought some also, even though we have a cider press and supply of apples we are going to have a go at Turbo Cider, also Wurzels Orange and bought in a supply of Red Grape Juice.
We also bought some of the 5 gallon water bottles to use as demi johns.

Whoops meant to say 5 litre water bottles sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

See this is my biggest problem, I look on here and someone says something like this then I got to go out and buy some, my house is starting to look like we have prohition with all the bottles and concoctions i got going. im off to lidls tomorrow lol

Can I ask wherebouts in Wales you from? Do you use homebrew shops or Wilkos, as all my stuff I get from wilkos but would like to find a proper shop if there is one round here, I thibk the closest must be Cardiff bound to be one there I would have thought

Welshwitch said:
Yes know what you mean our utility room looks more like a brewery
I kept tropical fish for a few years, gradually lost interest, then my stocks gradually dwindled until the tank was empty.

It sat there for a few months, with Mrs. Mole starting to complain that she'd like that space back for books, ornamenty things, stuff like that.

Yeah, right :rofl:
Then I got back into winemaking.
THEN I moved the tank. :roll:
PB09091601.jpg

Oh, and there's a 5 gallon fermenter in the kitchen.
And a 5 gallon bucket.

Everything else is down the cellar, clearing or maturing :whistle:

paulbrrt sorry we arn't in Wales we live in Yorkshire I have Welsh origins hence the welshwitch which FIL used to call me.

Moley if you put some fish in your demi johns killed two birds with one stone :lol: :lol: :lol: liked you pics.

Poor Mrs Mole

I've got 10 DJ's fermenting/clearing sitting on my dining-room table. Good job we usually eat off trays!.

going for my first Tc this evening, a lovely trip to lidl after work today, apple juice on offer, grape juice on offer, go round the corner welches grape peach and pear on offer, that makes a lovely wine!!

TC going in as we speak......... :party:

i must be mad - i dont like cider very much! :rofl:

had my first taste of home made cider last night made out of the lidle offer i also added a bag of sugar just for good measure it finished at 7.3 and very dry (i prefer sweet) lidl also sell a sweetener like splender only cheaper 90p i added 15 tablespoons to 5 gall and it was just right for my taste slept like a baby last night and everyone i have got to sample a glass (small glass) have been well impressed the next 5 gall is on the way at this moment using princes apple juice on offer at morrisons at 50p a ltr carton :party:

Back