Christmas Beer!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Right, so it sounds like a few of us have got the 1st forum brew ready to take to the post office.......time to think about the next one! My idea is to brew some thing for christmas (which is only a worring 13 weeks away) what do you guys think?

I'd like to see what everyone thinks to how we should limit it this time.

I've just done my Christmas beer.

OG 1.092, Black as tar, and 100 IBU

Oh sorry you mean Christmas 2008 . . . . This ones for 2010 :D

Christmas beer for me now means something light and thirst quenching. It's summer here at christmas. Barby on the beach, beach cricket, touch and all that. A heavy 'winter warmer' would not be particularly good in 28C sunny summer NZ.

But i could make a batch up and store for my winter...

I think it's do-able Wez...and I have a recipe in mind :cool:
At the mo the foums dictating my brewing schedule :eek:
I will get my Leffe clone in somewhere :cool:

MEB said:
Barby on the beach, beach cricket, touch and all that..

quote]

What they don't mention in the brochure are the sandflies and the earthquakes
:twisted:

Kingfisher said:
MEB said:
Barby on the beach, beach cricket, touch and all that..

quote]

What they don't mention in the brochure are the sandflies and the earthquakes
:twisted:

We don't get Earthquakes up the top bit where i am. We do make up for it with sandflies though. :) The Giant Weta's freak me out. No-one mention's those buggers till you get here...
:lol:

Me too. Especially as i missed the first one. :(

I can't remember what brewery made it, as it used to render me unconscious, but it was called Santa's Wobble. I love Winter 'Warmer' style of beers.

Come on then guys, get the recipe sorted. :cool:

:lol: :lol: I'm staying out of it after last time :rofl:

Del, feel free to put a suggestion forward :thumb: it'll get the ball rolling :grin:

Ok then, its got to be a raisiny belgian dubbel (pairs well with turkey).

Hows about something like this.

Pale malt 5 kg
Munich 0.5 Kg
crystal 0.150 kg
chocolate 0.2 Kg
Special B 0.350 Kg
Wheat 0.075 Kg
sugar 0.7 Kg

mash at 64 C

25 IBUs from stryrians

Hows that for kick off, somebody else could suggest the yeast, the hopping schedule and the type of sugar!!!

What about Edinburgh Scottish Ale yeast from whitelabs, more muted than some of the in your face belgian yeasts but i think it would work well in a brew like this, also it could be split and used in a few different brews unlike the belgian yeasts which are only really good for making more belgian beers.

Back