Chronical

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druid

Reaction score
So I am looking at purchasing a SS Brewtech Chronical. I have been told that you can basically ferment and bottle from this vessel without having to rack off as the trub is removed from the bottom. Does this sound right? When I asked the company, their answer was kind of vague...

I've got the 14 gallon one and I love it. I keg straight from it.
But....... If the Fermentasaurus had been available when I bought it, I think I would have bought two of them instead. From what the couple of guys on here who've got them have said, they sound to me like the perfect piece of kit.
Brian

I have been looking at the chronical, and it looks awesome. But expensive, very expensive.

I have a fermentasaurus which is great, but I love the idea of the add on chiller and heater available for the chronical. If there were an integrated heating and chilling system for the fermentasaurus it would be truly perfect, as it's too big for the brew fridge.

That said, the 14 gallon Chronical is about £1200 and then another £300 for the heater/chiller.. when the fermentasaurus is £99. It's hard to swallow.

I have been looking at the chronical, and it looks awesome. But expensive, very expensive.

I have a fermentasaurus which is great, but I love the idea of the add on chiller and heater available for the chronical. If there were an integrated heating and chilling system for the fermentasaurus it would be truly perfect, as it's too big for the brew fridge.

That said, the 14 gallon Chronical is about �£1200 and then another �£300 for the heater/chiller.. when the fermentasaurus is �£99. It's hard to swallow.
14 Gallon Chronical is £599 from Malt Miller.

Oh I thought I saw it for 1200 on brew uk, but I could be wrong.

Either way it's a lot more than a FS.

I have a 14g Brewmaster Edition and it's probably the best quality improvement. I don't have a cellar so I don't have a place with stable temps.

Mine was a out $1000 US all in because I bought the Temp Control, Blow off tube, wheels, and a bunch of triclamp fittings.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I have a 14g Brewmaster Edition and it's probably the best quality improvement. I don't have a cellar so I don't have a place with stable temps.

Mine was a out $1000 US all in because I bought the Temp Control, Blow off tube, wheels, and a bunch of triclamp fittings.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

That's about the price I am looking at. It looks good...(last fermenter I will ever buy) will make short work of a bunch of gallons, and allow me to fill 3 cornies with some left over to bottle and have mobility...

That's about the price I am looking at. It looks good...(last fermenter I will ever buy) will make short work of a bunch of gallons, and allow me to fill 3 cornies with some left over to bottle and have mobility...

I love the idea of this. But I am still working on making a beer which justifies sitting in three cornies. At the moment, if one is rubbish I only lose 20L and not 60L.

Hi Guys,

I've got the Chronical BME. 7 gallon version. It was a lot of money but I have to say I'm super happy with it.

I've bottle straight from it. I connect bottling stick coming straight out of the FV (with a small piece of tube to i can change the angle).

It works a treat. Just dump the trub and then rack straight to the bottle. The only downside is you have to prime the bottles individually.

It's probably worth getting the leg extensions so you have room to get the bottle underneath. You could obviously just put in on a box or whatever. But it's really nice to have wheels on the bottom of it i have found.

Why could you not batch prime before bottling? (I'm probably missing something obvious) but if I was was to buy the same version, I would have batch primed (or at least tried)

Why could you not batch prime before bottling? (I'm probably missing something obvious) but if I was was to buy the same version, I would have batch primed (or at least tried)

Your not missing anything (I dont think, as dont have a chronical). Having dumped the yeast you should be able to batch prime without stirring any yeast back into suspension which will/can happen with a bucket FV

Yeah it would be worth a try but thought it would stir up the yeast when you mix it.
There’s still a tiny bit left kicking about in the fv despite its shape. In the chiller coil, other non vertical services etc.
Plus i usually have a bit of trub still in the very bottom of it. You could of course dump it. But you loose a bit more beer.

I’ll try it one day. Would all settle out in the bottle anyway I guess.

I got the 14 gal (53l) one (not Brewmaster) about a year ago, £380, am very happy with it. It's in a brew fridge, I drain the bottom once fermentation is finished, condition until I'm ready to bottle/keg. When bottling I batch prime in a spare fermentation bucket.

I got various extra tri-clamp fittings including butterfly valves from aliexpress.com (great prices), they took about a month to arrive. I didn't get charged any import taxes, not sure if only down to luck.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...d=SB_20180109130517&SearchText=1.5"+tri+clamp
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...109131052&SearchText=1.5"+tri+clamp+butterfly

Latest posts

Back