Cider - What to do next?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello all.

I pressed 5 gallons of must out of wild apples, some cox, and some various other apples that I scrounged.

Its been sitting in the garage since October.

What to do next? Should I leave it till spring and then rack it off and bottle? Should I check its reached a minimum SG before that?

Thanks.

I did some cider with friends in November, we have just racked ours for the first time in the last week just to get it off the bulk of the yeast :thumb:

Checked SG and they were all around 1.010 so plan to stop some there and keg, let the rest go longer and backsweeten as needed

Just a warning - This is the first time I have made cider ( if I discount the accidental cider vinegar I made about 5 yrs ago :doh: ) so all based on what I have read only, no experience....

Sounds good tazuk

Do you backsweeten at all? I have a feeling ours is going to be super dry when it finishes...

tazuk said:
i made mine in november so will be racking all my 334ltr off then leave it till about june then bottle it :thumb: :D

So when will you rack it?

Like your other thread by the way - I'm angling for a few acres of land to plant on. Got SWMBO's approval, now just need to win the auction! :pray:

i need to rack it off now i would say :thumb:

jonewer said:
tazuk said:
i made mine in november so will be racking all my 334ltr off then leave it till about june then bottle it :thumb: :D

So when will you rack it?

Like your other thread by the way - I'm angling for a few acres of land to plant on. Got SWMBO's approval, now just need to win the auction! :pray:

Back