Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do, or you can do it in the glass just before drinking.
I bought lidl sweetener.

I was going to back sweeten at bottling but I decided it better to do in the glass, that way I or anyone else can add whatever amount taste requires.
You can also add sugar in the glass which i prefer to sweetener as obviously sugar added at bottling is for carbonation.

I mainly buy lidl apple juice or sometimes aldi, both 55p ltr.
I only go to Asda for pure red grape juice as i can't stand the place 😁

Here's lidl sweetener and a well known brand.
Spot the difference. Mainly price,
I can't tell the difference between their bourbon and Jim beam lol.

View attachment 37806

View attachment 37807

I did an experiment last night funny enough drinking a bottle of my raspberry lowicz and apple turbo cider.
I added sweetener to one glass then sugar to the next.
Unfortunately it was my last drink at the end of the night and i cannot remember my conclusion as I was pished 🙄😁🍻
Cheers nidger for your help much appreciated and quite funny lol 😂

There's a place just up the road from us, Burrow Hill, that does that (or at least they did last time I went there. Haven't been there for a while, as I worked for the "opposition"!)
The proprietor, Julian Temperley, has done wonders for the cider industry - lobbying parliament etc. to keep duty and taxes down...

Hi chippy have you got a recipe for sweet cider be much appreciated
Hi Cha, sorry to butt in on an old post. You may well have a recipe by now I guess, but I found this one on here a short while ago. I've tweaked it a bit, and I've just put my second batch on today. The first batch came out absolutely awesome!!

Attachments

• Turbo Cider.pdf
    193.6 KB · Views: 273
Hi Cha, sorry to butt in on an old post. You may well have a recipe by now I guess, but I found this one on here a short while ago. I've tweaked it a bit, and I've just put my second batch on today. The first batch came out absolutely awesome!!
Cheers chippy I’ll be giving that a try 👍

Back