Citrus IPA <5%

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have brewed a few Mangrove Jacks IPA-style Craft kits. I've been very impressed, but they all tend to come in 5.5% and above. Can anyone recommend a similar kit that would deliver closer to 4.5% ? I could brew long, but expect the flavour would drop off? I like a fruity, citrus IPA with a nice lingering bitterness. I can hopefully get something on the go for drinking late July.... just as the nice summer hits!

If you like the Mangrove Jacks' kits, the Juicy Session IPA comes in at 4.8% and is very well reviewed.
I second this - mine is already the best kit I have ever brewed and that’s even with it only being in the bottle for two weeks.

It is very fruity (believe has mango extract added to it) and has 50g citra dry hop so possibly won’t be to everyone’s taste but I think it is truly superb.

Thanks... I was planning on pimping a basic kit with citra at some point as I'm a big fan of adnams ghost ship.
I'll go on the hunt for stock... B2B are out.

I second this - mine is already the best kit I have ever brewed and that’s even with it only being in the bottle for two weeks.

It is very fruity (believe has mango extract added to it) and has 50g citra dry hop so possibly won’t be to everyone’s taste but I think it is truly superb.

That’s really good to hear as my Juicy Session IPA is currently in the fridge cold conditioning. Given how good my MJ Pink Grapefruit IPA is, I have high hopes!

Latest posts

Back