cjj berry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No links please, it is in infringement of copyright, but it is certainly out there on the interweb if you search for it.

Check Amazon or other book sellers though, you can buy a legitimate copy quite cheaply.

Moley said:
No links please, it is in infringement of copyright, but it is certainly out there on the interweb if you search for it.

Check Amazon or other book sellers though, you can buy a legitimate copy quite cheaply.

Fair point Moley, it was a legit ebook version I was after anyway, actual books are too big for me to lug around with me with all the traveling I do and Amazon only have the book version, I will hunt around and see what I can find though. :roll:

Moley said:

I'm not the greatest on computers, but I do ok.

It took me all of six seconds to find it ;) .

In 61 years time we can post all the links we like to Cyril Berry's books!

Until then we have farces like this :P

(That's not a criticism of the admin team at THBF, but it is a bit of a farce nonetheless.)

I am the author of quite a few clock making/repairing articles and it annoys me no end when my words are taken out of context and even with errors put in by the person who stole my words, thats the sort of thing copyright tries to stop happening, Dave NE

The farce I was talking about was "We can't send you a link but if you google it you can find it." not that the restrictions are there.

No probs mate, which ever way you get the book enjoy, there is a load of info in there, Dave NE ps still read mine and ive had it for years

hypnoticmonkey said:
The farce I was talking about was "We can't send you a link but if you google it you can find it." not that the restrictions are there.
There's all sorts of information out there on the interweb :shock:

Some of it is distinctly questionable and there's plenty which is downright illegal.

This forum can't be seen to condone any illegal activity. If it did and someone kicked up enough of a stink, Big Brother could close us down. Do you want that?

All I said was that the information is freely available if you look for it, but please don't post links here. I also said to buy a hard copy, I'm on my third.

Moley said:
hypnoticmonkey said:
There's all sorts of information out there on the interweb :shock:

Some of it is distinctly questionable and there's plenty which is downright illegal.

This forum can't be seen to condone any illegal activity. If it did and someone kicked up enough of a stink, Big Brother could close us down. Do you want that?

All I said was that the information is freely available if you look for it, but please don't post links here. I also said to buy a hard copy, I'm on my third.

Sorry again, i fear I'm victim to something I've been caught out on another thread on this Forum - not making my 'tone' clear in text form. (In fact I've been caught out on it on other forums too. Maybe I should learn my lesson soon.)

I wasn't calling your comment a farce, either Moley. As you know, I've a legal background. I was commenting on the farce that is the law which allows it to be okay to say "if you google it you'll find it" but would prosecute you if you said "here's a link to it".

Fully appreciate why you said what you said, I'd have done the same.

As a little aside, an American who had a great yahoo site was optomising and enhancing old copys of model engineer to bring this work to the public domain and someone downloaded the articles and stared selling them on e bay, the end story is this guy nearly lost his house, Dave

Back