Cleaning bottles in the dish washer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davereal

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, Do any of you do this or is it a no no?I usually ,after a rinse, put the bottles in,wash, then cling film, pack away.On bottling day, put in a trub with oxy clean, then rinse with warm water then spray with starsan.Wondering if on bottling day , i could just pop bottles in dishwasher with oxy clean. Then after, put on a rinse cycle, maybe with some starsan.Maybe quantity issues?I think our dishwasher has a mode for sterilizing babies bottles.Thanks, dave.

Hi all, Do any of you do this or is it a no no?I usually ,after a rinse, put the bottles in,wash, then cling film, pack away.On bottling day, put in a trub with oxy clean, then rinse with warm water then spray with starsan.Wondering if on bottling day , i could just pop bottles in dishwasher with oxy clean. Then after, put on a rinse cycle, maybe with some starsan.Maybe quantity issues?I think our dishwasher has a mode for sterilizing babies bottles.Thanks, dave.

yo dave,

I dishwasher the bottles then rinse out with tap water because rinse aid kills beer head** Then i oven the bottles and put a foil cap on the bottles. down the shed till bottling day and a rinse with starsan at bottling time. works for me, no scum sucking wild yeast or bacteria's gonna get past this sheriff :lol:

** - I may have made this up or read it somewhere but I can't remember so perhaps better to google it :thumb:

Hi dad,thought about the oven job, but to be honest, our oven's pretty minging and messing about with the shelves is a mare at the best of times.Our oven also seems to be used as storage for anything grease ridden.

I've always used the dishwasher although I just squirt a bit of Milton's steriliser in there, and put it on the hottest wash (70° I think). Don't use dishwasher tablets/powder.
Then give them a squirt of starsan and on to the bottling tree to drain

Latest posts

Back