cloudy lager should i be worried?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltonish

Reaction score
Hi first time brew, got a young's brewmaster lager kit. Seemed to ferment a treat been sat happily at about 20 degrees constant. Hydro reading been consistent.
when I've bottled it in 500ml bottles with half a teaspoon of sugar.
looks ridiculously cloudy. It tasted ok. I.e. Not unbearable and a resemblance to lager.
will it clear or have i messed up my virgin brew?

any help or advise for future brews would be much appreciated.

Absolutely nothing to be worried about - cloudiness is perfectly normal. You didn't say how long you left it in the fermentation vessel but assuming anything under two weeks @ 20C then it won't have had a chance to clear.

It may take a while, but it will definitely lose its cloudiness over the next few weeks. I would recommend two further weeks in the warm for the secondary fermentation (to make it fizzy) then try and keep it cool for a couple of weeks to encourage it to clear.

Then tuck in!

Ok good stuff will wait and see.
to be honest only been fermenting for 6 days or so.
seems a 2 week primary fermentation is the norm for most on here so will have to be a little more patient next time.

gonna go for a cider next as acquired a cider barrel. And tips or differences i should be aware of?

Latest posts

Back