CML Midland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I brewed CML’s landlord clone on Sunday and everything went smooth. OG was higher than expected, 1.052 in stead of 1.043. But apart from that no problems.
I pitched the Midland yeast at 23c, but this morning there was still no activity. Is this yeast a slow starter or should I be a little worried.

It's usually fairly quick, but I've noticed it can sometimes look as if there's no activity with a very small krausen (especially of the temperature dips) . So maybe a hydrometer check if you haven't done one?

I used the BZ drain tap from height in to my FV, checked OG and then whipped it up again afterwards so it’s pretty well areated. It’s been in the fridge at 20 so we’ll in recommended temperature. I hope by the time I get home somethings happened. If not I’ll do a hydrometer check and go from there.

Phew! Got home after work to find some nice activity in the bubbler. Very relieved.
Hello I have the same problem no activity after nearly 2 days, also dropped from a Brewzilla with plenty aeration. I hydrate before adding too to speed up the start, day 3 just added another Midland yeast hopefully when I get home tnite there could be an eruption - how long was it before yours kicked in

Hello I have the same problem no activity after nearly 2 days, also dropped from a Brewzilla with plenty aeration. I hydrate before adding too to speed up the start, day 3 just added another Midland yeast hopefully when I get home tnite there could be an eruption - how long was it before yours kicked in
Hi Seamus. Looking back It took a couple of days to get going.

I have used Midland slot recently starts a bit slowly then takes off, although I normally pitch straight from the packet at 19°. If you have any issues CML customer service is second to none .

Back