London Ale 3

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pitched a London Ale 3 yeast on Monday Morning in a MM Confux Pale Ale and it's not started fermenting. Is it normal for it to take so long to start any activity with this Yeast? I have not used it before.
Was wondering about pitching another yeast but obviously don't have another London Ale all I have is CML Midland .

I should stress I have only used London III twice looking at my notes the lag time for me was 24 and 36 hours respectively, both fairly small 11L batches of lowish gravity Mild.

Did you use a starter? What was the manufacturing date of the yeast?

It’s most likely on but might take time to get going if the cell count wasn’t optimum.

It's amazing the variability in lag time. My longest is M44 which was almost 3 days. My shortest on the last brew was a starter made from harvested London Fog, which took less than 2 hours to get munching. Shows we should get too worried too quickly.

London 3 is the same as Lalbrew Verdant IPA, which is known for fermenting quickly and vigorously, so slightly weird that this one has taken a while.

London 3 is the same as Lalbrew Verdant IPA, which is known for fermenting quickly and vigorously, so slightly weird that this one has taken a while.
I've brewed a bit with Wyeast 1318 (London ale III) while usually quick I've had it take a couple days to start every now and again.

Latest posts

Back