Cml voss

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anybody else finding that pale beers are hard to clear ( i have no temp control ) and darker ales are fine, the beer is fine and i dont object to hazy ale i would like to here your thoughts on this

Yes. Mine were temp controlled at 35 then dropped to 14 for dry hop. Earlier I got one from the shed for later and noticed it had started to drop clear, probably been in there a couple of weeks. Normally my beers are dropping clear after a few days.

The beers I've done with it just wouldn't clear with a cold crash but did clear in the bottles. This includes the wheat and the rice lager.

All mine have been in pbs taste lovely just wont clear, when i say clear i mean a slight haze, i p beed a red this morning and its almost clear after 8 days in the fv just seems to be pale ale and bitters athumb..

Two and half weeks into fermentation and a hazy pale it is, even with a Britewort tab at the last 10 mins of the boil. Perhaps a cold crash in the fridge once bottled (like Drunkula says). It's getting bottled in the next day or two. Will report back.

My kveik Pale/lager thingy is more clear un-refridgerated, yet after a spell in it, it is actually pretty clear nowclapa
DSC_1719.JPG

I've got a mosaic IPA in the fermenter with 1 packet of CML Kveik Voss, yesterday after only 1 hour there was airlock activity and tonight after around 24 hours it's gone from 1.053 to 1.016 and it is still going vigorously. I plan to use finings though, but this stuff is amazing

Latest posts

Back