Co2 cost ££

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yorkshire CO2 gas.
I got a 3kg bottle (full) for £55, £15 per refill after. No rent.

They do the big bottles for £65 then £20 per refill.

Hi

Please could I have the contact details for these as I'm having a bit of a mare sorting gas in South Derbyshire.

Cheers 🍻
Tried the one in Chesterfield I live in Derby and it pays me to go there just twice a year. No rental charge and reasonable refill charge. Tried Energas but they just ignored my calls so they can do one.

[QUOTE="LPD1979, post: 925351, member: 3

Please could I have the contact details for these as I'm having a bit of a mare sorting gas in South Derbyshire.

Cheers 🍻Gas and Hire 504 Sheffield Rd S41 8LP. 01246450754

Hi

Cheers 🍻
Gas and hire Ltd in Sheffield/Chesterfield. My last bottle (which is massive and I've had for about 2 years) was £15 delivered. There's a deposit for the bottle.

Big thumbs up here for Energas in Irlam. If you're in the general Manchester area I would consider it. Easy access just off the M60 near the A J Bell stadium.

Everyone there seemed surprised I was just a man off the street who wanted one bottle for his own use (I got the impression they only usually deal with trade), but that's not ultimately a problem. They will sell you one bottle, although you need to set up an account and I would recommend ringing up to do that in advance before attending.

Great service. You just turn up to the yard, park up, tell the guy what you want and they bring it to your car for you.

They do deliver, but not to residential premises due to the size of their vehicles.

Those of you who use old fire extinguishers, is there anything else I need (other than a regulator).. presumably you just press the squeeze trigger when you want gas? Or can you swap it out for a tap somehow?
I've just scored free CO2 cylinders from a fire extinguisher supplier, which pleases me greatly as I'm sick of paying £30+vat for gas!

I may be wrong but don't fire extinguishers have a dip tube inside them so that the liquid co2 only vaporises once it's out of the bottle. I recall people either having them modified by removing the tube, alternatively invert the extinguisher so you draw gas down the tube rather than liquid up the tube. Hope that makes sense?
That stops liquid co2 getting into your regulator, which is a bad thing so they say

Cheers. Tom

If anyone is in Aberystwyth.... I noticed on the back lane by the harbour there are 2x 6.35kg Co2 cylinders left out with rubbish. They are leaning against a skip and a car trailer which is loaded ready for a trip to the tip (it looks like).
No further details sorry... hope someone local manages to get one.
BTW I'm now in Pontypridd not Aberystwyth.
N¡ck

Might be ok but the safety collar thing may be out of date so they'd need testing before anyone would refill them. They could be used as an exchange bottle though athumb..

Cheers. Tom

Ye
Might be ok but the safety collar thing may be out of date so they'd need testing before anyone would refill them. They could be used as an exchange bottle though athumb..

Cheers. Tom
Yes that goes without saying but if anyone's local it's worth a look
N¡ck

Try to find an AirLiquide distributor - their prices seem to be very good. Here in Herts, I get a 10kg cylinder at £25 for the gas and £35 returnable deposit on the cylinder, if I pick it up from the place myself. But the distributors set their own pricing so you might need to haggle a bit...

Unfortunately the AirLiquide list of distributors on their website doesn't seem to work terribly well (at least on Safari) but it's functional: Branch Locators

My nearest AirLiquide place charged me £15 for a straight 6.35kg bottle swap. That was just over 12 months ago. Thanks to a recently discovered leak on my regulator I'll be getting another very soon. New reg is coming this week too

Cheers. Tom

I may be wrong but don't fire extinguishers have a dip tube inside them so that the liquid co2 only vaporises once it's out of the bottle. I recall people either having them modified by removing the tube, alternatively invert the extinguisher so you draw gas down the tube rather than liquid up the tube. Hope that makes sense?
That stops liquid co2 getting into your regulator, which is a bad thing so they say

Cheers. Tom
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, thought it might be useful to anyone considering the fire extinguisher route.

No, they don't have the dip tube. I use fire extinguishers to inject CO2 into my planted aquarium and all commercial types dispel gas rather than liquid.

Back