Comfort food

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesb

Landlord.
Reaction score
What's everyone's favourite comfort food?

I'm a fan of all the "old" foods. I had baked stuffed heart the other day, and it's bacon bones and sloppy peas for tea today.

Hey James, good topic! Mmmmm bacon bones!

For me - as it's something I always come back to time and time again (as a snack - not a main course) is cheese and onion sandies with marmite and white pepper. I always try to get as many onions in as possible - which means upping the cheese too :D

Of course - they have caused endless amounts of argument with the missus - especially when I have one after she's gone to bed and I come up reeking of onions! ;)

Good quality sausages, grilled, between granary bread (toasted on one side) with HP Sauce.

Number 1 on the list has to be:
Baconbutty.jpg

Bacon Butty with Extra Thick White bread and Fruity Sauce

Then its Sausage Mash and Onion gravy,
Roast Rib Beef & Yorkie Pud
Toad in the Hole
& Sticky Toffee Pudding & Clotted Cream.

& If its just a quick comfort fix you can't beat cheeky Knob of Butter when the wife isn't looking!

UP

Anything with garlic. More garlic the better.

Recipe -
1. Take about 6 big heads of garlic.
2. Smash then with the flat of a knife.
3. Chuck away the peels.
4. Add loads of butter.
5. Roast till golden brown.
6. Spread thickly on toast or otherwise consume.
7. Breathe all over everyone at work/on the train.

jonewer you dirty ........ :D

I'm with UP bacon butty and plenty of sauce

Anything with bread, but especially pork and apple sausages with loads of ketchup.

jamesb said:
What's everyone's favourite comfort food?

I'm a fan of all the "old" foods. I had baked stuffed heart the other day, and it's bacon bones and sloppy peas for tea today.
Never had the stuffed heart :sick: but the bacon bones... my grandma use to buy them for me, they were fantastic....
Thanks' for the reminder, going to see my butcher this week to try and buy some.....yum, yum :D

BB

for me It's a Full english, 2 egg, 2 saus, 2 bacon, 2 toast, hash brown, Black pud, beans, Tomatoes, mushrooms All for £2 at sainsburys canteen. Followed by a nice slice of strawberry cheesecake :D

muddydisco said:
for me It's a Full english, 2 egg, 2 saus, 2 bacon, 2 toast, hash brown, Black pud, beans, Tomatoes, mushrooms All for £2 at sainsburys canteen. Followed by a nice slice of strawberry cheesecake :D

I'd go for that 100% although not from anywhere but my own frying pan, & with the Finest porcine products purchased from my local butchers. Supermarket meat is Durty Orrible rubbish especially "supermarket surprise bags" (sausages)!!!!!

I was a service engineer doing food factory's for a few years and I don't do processed, or ready meals, if I can get away with it. local products plz.

UP

I'm at work normally and for £2 what else would you expect :)
I agree with the Local pork thats why I have a 80lb whole pig on order for the summer. mmmm I can taste his little trotters now :D

muddydisco said:
I'm at work normally and for £2 what else would you expect :)
I agree with the Local pork thats why I have a 80lb whole pig on order for the summer. mmmm I can taste his little trotters now :D
:D I must admit I did sneak a Crapdonalds sausage and egg muckmuffin in this morning! :shock:

So I'll cut the holier than though rubbish! :rofl:

UP

evanvine said:
unclepumble said:
So I'll cut the holier than though rubbish!
Not necessarily so.
I have a drinking acquaintance that works for a very well known pork pie factory.
He says from what he’s seen he’ll never eat one again!

I worked for 2 1/2 days at a pie factory in crewe as an engineer, before I told them "I'm sorry but I just can't work for you" & 2 of those days were trying to get my old job back.

I don't recommend Pie eating whatsoever!

UP

Latest posts

Back