Coming Home to Home Brew.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halfacrem

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've had a week away in Sunny(ish) Dorset. My trip included a Tour around the Palmers Brewery in Bridport (I've got some pictures I'll post when I get round to it).

The local brew was very nice on cask, but in the main I stuck with bottle beers at our Holiday accommodation. I had two consecutive commercial beers that suffered from off flavours (Sam Adams Lager and a Sharp's Red Rock :sick:) So I was looking forward to coming home to some Home Brew.

Unfortunately the first bottle of Weissbier I cracked when I got home had a stale taste to it. Not sure why as every other bottle I've had has been lovely. Then I opened a bottle of Rye Beer, which proceeded to gush all over the Kitchen table!! An isolated case, I hope, as previous bottles have again been fine.

On the plus side, my first bottle of Cream Ale was excellent, as was my first taste of my North German Alt.

I feel a brew day coming on...

It's one of the reasons I started brewing. I almost exclusively started drinking guest ale and craft beers. The young's craft kits are better than a lot of comericial stuff IMHO and my ag adventures have been very agreeable with my palette.
There's definitely a bitter taste when paying £4-5 for something not as good as I've made at home for less than a pound...

Back