Coopers Canadian Blonde

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1959

Reaction score
20l Tesco Ashbeck water
11g Lallemand Nottingham yeast
1.2KG Vinclasse brewing sugar
SG1.041
17 days fermenting
FG1.010
ABV 4.069%
Racked in 500ml amber bottles, primed with 3.3g DME to achieve 2.0 volumes CO2
Storage temp 19c
Days aged 32.

I put 2 bottles of this in the fridge last night, tonight they were nic3ely chilled at 5c. Bottles opened with a very explosive "pop" which experience tells me that 2.0 volumes CO2 had been achieved. A very nice crisp clean beer, I would suggest suited to a BBQ day in the summer but drinkable at any time really, lovely light gold colour and it has that great "throat burn" that only properly carbed beer has.
Taste wise very similar to Coopers Mexican cerveza but different on many levels.
All in qall a good clean beer that I will definitely brew again.

I just transferred this to my bottling bucket today after 19 days I dry hopped for about 58 hrs with 50g hallerteur mif not the right name but close to it going to bottle in a day or so cant wait to test her looks fairly clear now so should be fine

Late January I put this together:

1.7kg Canadian Blonde Kit
1kg Young's light malt extract
23l Local tap water (forgot Camden tablet)
Kolsch yeast packet

Fermented in less than a week but I left it in the primary for 5 weeks at 18-20c (due to being busy and lazy)

Kegged between a 19l cornie and a 2l growler. In the shed force carbing 3rd day at whatever outside temp is.

Initial taste while transferring was very crisp, clear and bitter aftertaste. Nothing exciting but a nice and safe beer.

Last time I made the Blonde I used 1.5kg Coopers liquid light malt and 340g of organic honey with kit yeast. Bottled in 2l sparkling water bottles.

I really enjoyed that one during summer and as I recall it was really malty and rich.

I never use the kit yeast any more... Wilkos ale yeast is supposed to be Nottingham which gives me a nice dry finish and in spring/autumn I try to ferment it down on 15-16c.

But not to ramble on Coopers Canadian is a great simple kit.

Regards

Had my first bottle of my coopers Canadian blonde last night. Only my second brew and I'm really pleased with it. Tasty stuff
2790da39-6ee7-4472-9f56-916265ed9d76.jpg
3b45429d-ee7c-491c-ac60-d6021e0345f2.jpg

Back