Coopers caps

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imperial

Reaction score
I've seen a few post regarding cleaning of the coopers caps and all they say is just put in the sterilising solution,but the new ones have an neoprene insert and the liquid gets behind it. What's the best way to clean them I have took one out with a pin,but you end up scratching it and making holes which can't be good. I know the caps are only cheap but would like to get one extra brew from them.

B8630DB6-0644-442A-B11C-79B21316EF72_zpsjhywyupn.jpg
[/URL]

I used to spend ages shaking them like mad to get that bit of solution out from behind the washer thing. Don't bother now. Quick shake to get excess drips off and it's put on.
It's only a tiny amount that can even get behind there. Looks more than it is due to the way the plastic changes colour with the slightest film touching it.

The ones I got with the bottles didn't have the neoprene in its a bag Of extra ones I bought,I think the spare bag only cost a few quid so it's not that bad. I will dunk them in SS just before use so all should be good.

Latest posts

Back