Coopers Stout Final Gravity

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickiedavis

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Coopers Stout in the FV - been in there for 12 days now at a temp of 21 degrees. Brewed with 1kg of Coopers Enhancer 2 and the start gravity was 1042. Then I chucked in 80g of dissolved muscavado sugar that I found laying around. Hell, why not :D

I checked the gravity last night and it is 1012 - is this going low enough? Does anyone know what kind of FG I should be looking for?

Cheers.

D.

1012 is good you might get below 1010. keep checking with hyrometer untill you get 3 readings the same........( I recently got one brew to work down to 1004 ! )
Dont rush it.

I've just made a batch with Coopers Beer enhancer 2 added OG about 1.046, FG 1.011 for 2 days after fermenting at 21 °C for 9 days.. Bottled and primed it with a level teaspoon per 3/4 litre bottle. In the cellar at 16 °C it seems to have cleared nicely and no explosions

Thanks, Guys. I'll take a reading tonight and tomorrow, and if all are the same - keg it!!

dickiedavis said:
Hi All,

I have a Coopers Stout in the FV - been in there for 12 days now at a temp of 21 degrees. Brewed with 1kg of Coopers Enhancer 2 and the start gravity was 1042. Then I chucked in 80g of dissolved muscavado sugar that I found laying around. Hell, why not :D

I checked the gravity last night and it is 1012 - is this going low enough? Does anyone know what kind of FG I should be looking for?

Cheers.

D.
Those were my exact figures too. The FG didn't budge so I just bottled it. The taste is fantastic (500g DME, 450g brewing sugar, 50g Demerara sugar) so I'm just sitting on my hands while it carbonates & conditions.

Mine is still dropping. 1010 last night and a few more bubbles through the airlock. Best give it another couple of days? Tasted the sample jar and it was lovely. I too will be sitting on my hands for a while, I think. I don't have any other homebrew in the house apart from my ginger beer that is still fizzing away like a demon after six days in the FV. Recon I could probably run the car on that when it's finished!

I've done at least 6 batches based on Coopers' Stout, each time pushing the OG a bit more. Last batch started at 1068, VERY drinkable even after less than a fortnite conditioning :D

I've never had a problem getting the FG down to where it should be, even with the standard yeast. Last 3 have all been bottled around 1006.

Back