coopers stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alawlor66430

Landlord.
Reaction score
thats the stout all underway now, 500g of dermarera, 500g of dark spray malt and 350g of tayte and lyle im getting 1.044/6 on the first reading so im hoping for good things here cant wait till this ones ready :party:

I didn't :lol: amazingly this tasted brilliant straight after fermentation, so I've just been drinking it since. It will probably get better in time, but if it tastes good, drink it!

aw lol quality im drinking some heavy that i bottled a week ago and its nice but getting nicer the longer i leave it so im hoping itll be great in a few weeks

Keep us posted how it goes :-) got one of these from tesco for 7 quid so gonna it on in the near future and make it nice and chocolatey I think.

My Coopers Irish is almost three months now - it's quite nice :thumb:

:cheers:

Well having enjoyed a few glasses of my coopers Irish stout tonight I will say its good to drink two weeks in the corny.

I have bottled 20 though for putting aside for a few months time.

I'm 8 pints into my heavy right now tonight and I'm amazed these words are in the right order and better than that it tastes great, I don't know if any of you have tried mc'ewans special but if you have it's exactly like youngs Scottish heavy great pint and that's that, hope the stouts even better :drink:

I thought about some treacle for the next stout but not sure if that would be nice I done the current one with 500 g spray malt (dark) and 500g dermarera and 350g tayte and lyle so I think that'll cOme out nice a wee bit stronger but still nice, the chocolate thing interests me so maybe in a while I'll try that

Well I stuck a whole tin in from the beginning and although you can certainly taste it it's lovely. I have a coopers stout standing by and will be doing it exactly the same :cheers:

And I primed one with treacle and its magic, wished I'd used more in the brew...

...will do next time! Or maybe a bit of muscovado...

No definitely not. it tastes like a nice quality stout. I think you will be very happy :thumb:
38b2a447.jpg

Guns a childs toy by the way! :whistle:

Latest posts

Back