Cornie Parts. . . What's yours fitted with ? ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mashman

Reaction score
I recently took delivery of a Co2 regulator from Norm (cheers Norm) and I was having a look on the internet site of the manufacturer of said regulator, (Keg Connections in the US) and they sell lots of spares for various types of cornies but one thing they caution you about and it's worth remembering if you order any spares for anything but particularly cornies and that is the fact that you could have a cornie with the wrong in and out posts due to soft drinks engineers swapping them to make them fit various cellar applications. Below is the text they have warning you of this when you order.

Worth bearing in mind. :cheers:

Keep in mind that many kegs have had posts switched by soda distributors and other owners over the years. Look at you poppet valve and see if it matches. If it does not this could mean two things. Either post has been switched and you need a different poppet valve or the post is correct and someone put the wrong poppet valve in your post (also very common from soda distributors. Many kegs I receive have the wrong poppet valve, but work fine and do not leak. One other note. Questions? email me at [email protected]

This happened to me. I ended up having to take my cornie into the homebrew shop and we pull parts from bins until we could get the right ones to fit. A Major pain to deal with!

Thats why its best to stick to Norm he'll make sure their all fine and dandy before selling them on and any problems he'll put them right

Latest posts

Back