Corny Keg Idiots guide needed please.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete7811

Reaction score
Morning all, so I took the plunge and bought myself 2 corny kegs, Nukka tower taps x2, co2 canister and set it all up however I cannot get the beer to flow out of the tap. The beer is gassed and the connectors are on the right ends but only drops come out of the taps.

Could someone please help to provide a step by step idiots guide to the process.

Thanks

If you have pressure in the keg and all the pipework connected properly the liquid has to come out.

Check the liquid connector on the keg is properly attached sometimes you have to really press them to make sure they are home!
after that you have to open the pipework at different joints to check for a restriction!

Hope this helps!

If you have pressure in the keg and all the pipework connected properly the liquid has to come out.

Check the liquid connector on the keg is properly attached sometimes you have to really press them to make sure they are home!
after that you have to open the pipework at different joints to check for a restriction!

Hope this helps!
I can see the beer in the pipes but it just doesn't dispense. Doing my head in.

I was thinking it might be a blocked keg, it's the 1st time I've dry hopped.
You may well have a blocked keg then, I had exactly the same issue a few weeks ago, dry hopped my beer and transferred straight from the fermentor to the keg. Eventually I removed the post and found it full of hop derbies.

I ended up opening the keg and using a siphon with a mesh filter at the end to decant into a fresh keg, the bottom of the old keg had a fairly thick layer of green sludge from the hop pellets. Should probably say this was a pretty drastic approach but I seemed to have avoided ending up with oxidised beer.

I dry hop in my Cornies, but put the hops in big stainless tea/hop strainers... Cheap from China (AliExpress) and no more hop debris in beer, poppets, taps etc...

Latest posts

Back