Could I chuck a spare 1.5L of AJ into a cider kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordibird

Reaction score
Hi,
I was preparing to start my first TC off when I received a Brewmaster cider deluxe kit for my birthday. I have a spare 1.5l of Asda pure apple juice and wondered if I could chuck it in with the kit and what effect it would have?

The info is as follows -
instructions say after adding 1kg of sugar a starting OG of 1040 is achieved.
I think the AJ would give 169.5g of sugar
the kit is for 23l and I think would give a final 4.4%

Would the additional AJ give a little bit more final %? I like my cider at about 6ish % and dry.

Any advice much appreciated I will be doing the TC at the same time using AJ &pomegranate & blueberry.

Cheers
Lezli
:cheers:

I'm so glad you posted the link Stu it's just made me realise what a numpty I am :eek: I thought I was saving money buying the 1.5l apple juice and the bleeding thing is only 50% not 100% like the 1l I should've read the small print grrr.
Now I'm left with watered down apple juice and my TC plans in disarray.
Would. it still work with the 3 x 1.5l and 1l pomegranate/blueberry if I kept some of the apple out til the initial rapid fermentation died down then topped it up? or should I bin it and go buy some proper apple juice?

Cheers
Lezli

I noticed today that in asda all the 1.5L drinks are juice DRINKS and not the "made from concentrate" we need. I noticed just in time.

1l apple juice is 65p, 1.5l of apple juice drink 68p. Seemed to good a bargain, so looked again. :thumb:

Gary.

I wish I had looked further now Gary, it's really annoying because the 1.5l come up online when you select the 1l and being the numpty I am I assumed they were the same product. I now know that the saying to assume makes an ass of u and me is true haha.
No doubt I'll find some use for them I'm glad I didn't stock pile them.

Cheers
Lezli

I suppose if you add a little at a time, say 1.5l in every 23 litre and add a little sugar, it might be ok. Or just drink it with your breakfast :thumb:

Gary.

PS just sitting here with a lager and a cider :cheers: Going to bed in a minute.

Back