Covid booster: Who will get another jab this autumn?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Will you get the booster if you are able to this autumn?

I don't think i am going to have mine this time as people who have had Covid at work have only had mild symptoms (even the old ones like me)

Who will get an autumn booster?

Another Covid vaccine dose will be offered to:

Adults aged 50 and over

People aged five to 49 with health conditions which put them at higher risk - including pregnant women

Care home staff

Frontline health and social care workers

Carers aged 16 to 49

Household contacts of people with weakened immune systems

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639

Last edited:
Will get jabbed when the offer is there, with the last outbreak and a high percentage not testing and possibly over 60% positive, aged 57 and with a couple of health issues, more chance of catching it, so why not keep yourself protected?

So far never had covid and don't want to so I'll be getting mine

I don’t qualify however if they change the criteria so that I do I would get one (I am however getting my flu jab).

Will you get the booster if you are able to this autumn?

I don't think i am going to have mine this time as people who have had Covid at work have only had mild symptoms (even the old ones like me)
That's probably because they're vaccinated! It is proven that the protection offered by the vaccine diminishes with time, therefore have a booster so that you stay protected and don't end up in intensive care with covid. Also helps protect against any lasting effects after infection i.e. long covid.

I'll be at the front of the queue for mine along with my flu shot. Don't want to get flu or covid this winter.

I see no reason not to.
SWMBO had the last one and was very ill for several days and as this variant isn't killing thousands every week and i work alone i will take my chance.

I am not the type of person who runs to the medicine cabinet every time i have a slight headache etc i try not to take pills unless absolutely necessary (dental pain/gout) so i will give this a miss and see how it goes.

I've been offered a booster

For the first time I'm getting cautious though. I still have symptoms from covid infection from mid June, I had a few days of feeling ill after all the other covid vaccinations. I'm concerned about compounding my symptoms

mild symptoms probably because of the vaccination .

Fully vaccinated mid-50s here but still had it bad-ish: slept for 20 hours the first few days (normal sleep pattern 6/7 hrs), struggled to walk any distance for 8 weeks, took me 3 months + to fully recover. This was only back in May. More importantly, I STOPPED HOME BREWING FOR 3 MONTHS !!!!!

Most my work team have now had it, about 70% had the mild version and 30% had a much worse version. I'll be getting the top-up.

Personally, no. I'm done with vaccinations (I had two). They do not protect others in any way - you can still pass the virus on with the vaccination, despite some of the rubbish we were fed by the 'experts'. On that basis, I'll be relying on my immune system, which has always served me very well. If a more serious strain came along, then I'd reconsider, but I don't see the need for anything else now for what is no more than a heavy cold (which I've had three times).

Back