Covid booster: Who will get another jab this autumn?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we really going to squabble over this stuff again? I had 2 solid years of people accusing each other of talking bullsh1t and listening to the wrong sort of experts. Look, have the jab if you want to have it. Don’t if you don’t.

Are we really going to squabble over this stuff again
I had 2 solid years of people accusing each other of talking b*****t

The question was "Will you get the booster if you are able to this autumn" and members have given their views.

I hadn't realised we were squabbling or accusing each other of talking BS its called a discussion feel free to remove yourself from it if you do not like what is being discussed.

Last edited:
I’m 61 shortly, and fortunately in good health. I’ll be having the jab if possible.
Reason being,
I’ve had no I’ll effects from the others, but I have seen the effects of long covid, which would be most unwelcome being self employed.
I see quite a few clients most days, so on balance, I think I’ll have it again.

I’m 61 shortly, and fortunately in good health. I’ll be having the jab if possible.
Reason being,
I’ve had no I’ll effects from the others, but I have seen the effects of long covid, which would be most unwelcome being self employed.
I see quite a few clients most days, so on balance, I think I’ll have it again.

I think this is sometimes something that people don't really consider. Long COVID is a ticking timebomb, and we are seeing more and more long term effects in people who caught COVID in the first waves, pre-vaccination. A really nasty virus.

I think this is sometimes something that people don't really consider. Long COVID is a ticking timebomb, and we are seeing more and more long term effects in people who caught COVID in the first waves, pre-vaccination. A really nasty virus.
So how does another jab help those with long covid from a strain that is no longer prevalent ?

Personally, no. I'm done with vaccinations (I had two). They do not protect others in any way - you can still pass the virus on with the vaccination, despite some of the rubbish we were fed by the 'experts'. On that basis, I'll be relying on my immune system, which has always served me very well. If a more serious strain came along, then I'd reconsider, but I don't see the need for anything else now for what is no more than a heavy cold (which I've had three times).
Each to their own etc, however it’s not true vaccines do not protect others, if your vaccinated and do catch it your viral load will be lower and you will shed less viable virus, exposing others to less of a load. A lot of research by highly educated, world respected “experts” out there. Booked in and very thankful.

Already booked in for my flu jab, so yes when they offer me a COVID booster I'll be having it. Mrs has already had hers.

I’m having mine, when I get the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
An update on the jab. According to the NHS site, over 50’s can receive a jab.
Yet it is not possible to book online.
It says ‘find a walk in COVID 19 vaccination site’.

So I did.
Queued for half an hour or so, then told it’s not for over 50’s yet!

I’m writing this just in case any body was thinking of trying it.

Will you get the booster if you are able to this autumn?

I don't think i am going to have mine this time as people who have had Covid at work have only had mild symptoms (even the old ones like me)

Who will get an autumn booster?

Another Covid vaccine dose will be offered to:

Adults aged 50 and over

People aged five to 49 with health conditions which put them at higher risk - including pregnant women

Care home staff

Frontline health and social care workers

Carers aged 16 to 49

Household contacts of people with weakened immune systems

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639
What are the full list of ingredients in each one, do you know?

I had covid 4 weeks after my 2nd vaccine dose, so I’m well aware that you can still get it with the vaccine. But it was quite mild - no breathing difficulties at all.

Personally though I feel that the vaccine is like a car airbag. Some people still get hurt in a car crash, some people even get hurt by the air bag. But the vast majority of people have a lot better result with an airbag than they would without it in a car crash.

I’d take a booster if it were offered to me, but I’m not eligible.

Instead I’m working to get covid fit, so I’m less susceptible to the illness (or another) when it comes along.

Last edited:
I've just had my flu vaccine which is the bigger risk ATM. - With the recent wave of omicron there should be a lot of natural immunity around. I've not made up my mind yet having being triple covid jabbed. It also depends on what variant is coded for. Dr. John Campbell - he's on you tube, and I seem so far to be in lockstep through much of the pandemic only he is a qualified medical fellow I am just a number cruncher.

I've just had my flu vaccine which is the bigger risk ATM. - With the recent wave of omicron there should be a lot of natural immunity around. I've not made up my mind yet having being triple covid jabbed. It also depends on what variant is coded for. Dr. John Campbell - he's on you tube, and I seem so far to be in lockstep through much of the pandemic only he is a qualified medical fellow I am just a number cruncher.
I liked Dr Campbell's covid updates until he correctly said that you shouldn't extrapolate future data from graph lines... and then did it anyway.

Back