Crossmyloof

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey.

Reaction score
Haven't been on here in ages. Glad I came back a few days ago. Thanks to some postings about CML I placed an order today for a Helles AG, can't remember which one, the maltier one. It came to £17.55? with the discount and free delivery? BARGAIN. Shame they don't do a few more kits. It was a toss up between Helles, Tropical Enland or Dunkelweizen.

Didn't seem that many when I was looking through them. Usually order from Malt Miller where I try and order 2 or 3 to keep P&P down.

Haven't been on here in ages. Glad I came back a few days ago. Thanks to some postings about CML I placed an order today for a Helles AG, can't remember which one, the maltier one. It came to £17.55? with the discount and free delivery? BARGAIN. Shame they don't do a few more kits. It was a toss up between Helles, Tropical Enland or Dunkelweizen.
The tropical England is awesome and well worth a brew 👍🏻

The tropical England is awesome and well worth a brew 👍🏻
I have just kegged a Tropical England 75g and Harlequin 75g plus a 25g of each dry hop so 200g in total. I await the conditioning to see if it is fruitier than just Tropical England which I have done before

Ordered and recieved second kit, Super Cascade I think it's called. Will be brewing tomorrow.

More praise for tropical England from me, really tasty after 3 weeks in the bottle. The ama rye lo and shession pale also good, particularly the 2nd efforts that had some water adjustment. The only one that went awry was landlord. I think it got too warm at a late stage and took on fusel flavours and over carbonated.. Did gradually drink the ones that didn't gush out of the bottles though.
Box of dunkelweizen waiting to be brewed.

That’s my mind made up. I was thinking of buying the tropical England for a while so I’m getting it on these comments.
Does anyone know what hops are in the mix and is it worth getting some Harlequin to boost it up?

Hi Rich this is whats in it
  • TROPICAL ENGLAND 2021 crop • 6% AA. A mix of 5 English grown hops including Jester, Olicana, Godiva, Mystic & Archer that will infuse a tropical aroma into a refreshing English IPA with a difference. 100g late addition/dry hop will do just nicely in a 23 litre brew, but adding another 100g will hit the mark.
  • It does not have Harlequin in it and that is why I have added it in the beer I mentioned.
  • Ps this is a good basis for a fruit beer too like adding Peach or Mango as a summer drink if you like that sort of thing

Crossmyloof kits have provided consistently good, and like many others much praise for the Tropical England kit it makes an excellent easy drinking beer which is a real joy to drink.

That’s brilliant Baron. Thanks for that it would be good to hear how it finishes.
I was going to have a pint last night as I have just kegged it but did not get it hooked up as soon as I do I will report. The initial taste when kegging was it has a subtle Orange taste in there which was not there with just the Tropical England.
It will never compete with the American super hoppy's but I like it. Pale ale or IPA is the way to go and as I said maybe a base for a fruit beer with mango or peach if thats your bag

Is there a discount for CML?

I have just kegged a Tropical England 75g and Harlequin 75g plus a 25g of each dry hop so 200g in total. I await the conditioning to see if it is fruitier than just Tropical England which I have done before
I did it with an additional 100g of harlequin and it was really good 👌🏻 I just swapped the schedule about a bit to keep the same ibu

Harlequin is an amazing hop.
I foolishy used it to bitter a mild. I had intended to use admiral, but they smelt a bit iffy and the harlequin pack was already open. The first tastings of the mild were very disappointing- everything tasted wrong. A month later and it's amazing; people who don't even drink mild like it and come back for more. It gets better and better the longer I keep it. But grapefruit mild is just plain wrong- even worse than Elvis Juice!

Latest posts

Back