delete account

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vossy1 said:
Unfortunately Mick has decided to deactivate his account, I have done as he asked.
That is a shame :cry:

Personally I decided to take more of a back seat and only get involved when there was something of interest to me, or the information that was being given out was wildly inappropriate / inaccurate.

I still end up reading a lot of the active topics though

Somebody must fill the gap in the market for kit beer brewdays!

good luck with future brewing Mick :cheers:

how can I search for micks threads

now his account is deactivated I can't search for threads started by mick may :-(

Sorry to see him go, as I read his posts, maybe he will still be browsing the forum, without logging in.

Maybe he should of been pointed towards the little red ! to report what he thought was wrong, if he hadn't already known.

Gutted I never got to ask about all the .... it built tension when reading his brew days, and looking at his ginger brew still

godfrey said:

now his account is deactivated I can't search for threads started by mick may :-(

Go to the search panel and use the google search. search for "mick may" with the quotes. :thumb:

calumscott said:
godfrey said:

Go to the search panel and use the google search. search for "mick may" with the quotes. :thumb:

yes I did this and it finds lots of stuff I am not looking for

I am specifically looking for micks brewday threads that have been recommended

If his account has been deleted his posts go as well . . . or they go to 'deleted user' or some such

godfrey said:
calumscott said:
godfrey said:

yes I did this and it finds lots of stuff I am not looking for

I am specifically looking for micks brewday threads that have been recommended

they this link the first 1 and a half pages are micks http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/s...&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

If his account has been deleted his posts go as well . . . or they go to 'deleted user' or some such
I've de activated Micks membership but chose the option not to delete his posts so they should still be visible and of help to others :thumb:

thanks iceo

I bookmark 2 threads

woodford weary and wilco golden

Mick does have a point, there are a couple of members on here whose posts can appear to be rather blunt, whether they mean to be or not. It can be difficult getting emotions across through the typed word, especially when you don't have the time to think through your response. I've been a victim of this myself, on here and other forums, although I choose to think that their responses weren't thought through rather than anything more sinister.

Don't delete my account though :cheers:

Duncs said:
Mick does have a point, there are a couple of members on here whose posts can appear to be rather blunt, whether they mean to be or not. It can be difficult getting emotions across through the typed word, especially when you don't have the time to think through your response. I've been a victim of this myself, on here and other forums, although I choose to think that their responses weren't thought through rather than anything more sinister.

You're probably right, and we all need a bit of give and take in here. I know I've blatted off the odd 4 word reply from my phone without any pleasantries where a straightforward question was asked and could be answered quickly. Normally I prefer to take my time but when someone is looking for something specific and a quick answer will do...

But I think this is a good point to drop in a wee reminder for everybody of the Rules and Guidelines on this.

First and foremost we would like to say that this forum exists as a community where people with the mutual interest in brewing can enjoy a place of informative conversation, good advice, good reference material, and friendly banter.

All are welcome to join the forum and while we recognise and encourage everyone’s right to free speech we must also ensure that we obey the law and keep the forum as a place where people will not be offended. That being the case we respectfully request that all of our forum members agree to abide by these “house“ rules & guidelines which are set out below.

Forum etiquette – don’t insult other members, if you disagree with something that another member has posted, either ignore it or state that you disagree and your reasons why, do not get personal. If you feel that someone has posted something offensive, report the offending post to the admin team. Personal insults will not be tolerated at all.

Basically, if something isn't right, politely pull the poster up on it if you feel it warrants it. If you can't resolve it between yourselves let the mods and admins know and we'll help put things straight. That's just one of the things that we're here for. :thumb:

The other thing it's worth saying is that I personally don't believe Mick's assertion of cliqueyness. Yes there are groups of members who know each other well, yes there are groups of members who are very like minded but they are, I've found, very inclusive to others. I'm happy to now feel very much part of the "BBQ and other foodie people" and the "BIABers" for example... I don't feel part of the HERMSies or RIMSters but I'm sure if I get into that stuff I'll be welcomed with open arms and a very willing "point and laugh at the n00b" when it all goes wrong... :lol:

Duncs said:
Don't delete my account though :cheers:

You sure? ;)

OK, we'll leave you in...

Duncs said:
Mick does have a point, there are a couple of members on here whose posts can appear to be rather blunt, whether they mean to be or not.

I know I can do that without thinking :oops:
I hope if anyone is offended by anyone they will point it out politely rather than let it fester.

I am very very sorry to see Mick go, i really enjoyed his honest uncomplicated style and genuine enthusiasm for what he was doing. Good luck for the future Mick :cheers:

Now a suggestion; in the "Bar" at weekends, when people come on and say "Hello", it would be or should be appropriate forum manners to at least acknowledge their existance. I saw two people last weekend ignored after they indicated their presence and log out. The same thing happened the weekend i first joined.

A very good pont has been made concerning replies. Sometimes, a brief reply is made with the intention of informing the poster in a timely fashion, it's brevity does not indicate a lack of respect. We should all bear this in mind; it is unlikely that a respondant has posted for the purpose of irritating you :nono:

I will miss Mick, think a beer is in order to cheer myself up :D

Mulled

Maybe the beer snobs should stop being beer snobs so this doesn't happen again, I hardly use the forum now, not for the exact same reasons as mick but mostly for the bashing of commercial beers, but I agree with mick that it can be quite cleeky, there's allot if top guys on here to though, infact you all are, just some if you's are beer snobs lol.

alawlor66430 said:
Maybe the beer snobs should stop being beer snobs so this doesn't happen again, I hardly use the forum now, not for the exact same reasons as mick but mostly for the bashing of commercial beers, but I agree with mick that it can be quite cleeky, there's allot if top guys on here to though, infact you all are, just some if you's are beer snobs lol.

Nowt wrong with beer snobbery!!!

It's the pursuit of awesome beer (however it's created) that makes us do this brewing thang... ;)

Nothing wrong with the pursuit of better beer but but there's nothing wrong with the other stuff either, same with kits to ag some people are at different stages of that pursuit, and I dare say some of the dudes slating the commercial stuff and kits, still drink it and wouldn't admit it, beer is beer, there is good beer and not so good beer but its all yummy lol.

It has been mentioned that everyone has an opinion Adam. You have yours and I don't agree with it and it is a bit naive to think people will not be passionate about good beer on a brewing forum.
If you just want to make any beer just follow the instructions on a kit and you'll end up with something.
If you are interested in making the best beer you can then you are in the right place ;)

If that is being a 'snob' then I'm in as well as being a CAMRA member :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back