Design & Kitting out my Garage Brew room - Part 2 - Brewing kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either way, I picked up 2 free large propane bottles yesterday, so that's all good.

I think I've got a free bathtub (to be filled with water for temperature buffer) and a cheap kitchen sink coming at the weekend. Will have to break out the B&D Workbench and start building some frames and shelves soon.

bottle crates are not only fantastic for storing and moving bottles but they also make great ad-hoc adjustable height brew platforms

10089137955_fbc92694e2.jpg

7936441002_0aa51516ab.jpg

I like that. I certainly need some flexibility in heights.

Hey, one question on this topic. Aerating the wort - is it enough to let the cooled water flow out of the tap at height, directly into the FV?

I like that. I certainly need some flexibility in heights.

Hey, one question on this topic. Aerating the wort - is it enough to let the cooled water flow out of the tap at height, directly into the FV?

I always added water to kits from a height before getting the grainfather and it always worked. Can't really do it with the grainfather so easily so I've stirred the last two brews like buggery and it's far to much like hard work for my liking. Next time I think I'll empty into one fv then tip into another from height.

I always added water to kits from a height before getting the grainfather and it always worked. Can't really do it with the grainfather so easily so I've stirred the last two brews like buggery and it's far to much like hard work for my liking. Next time I think I'll empty into one fv then tip into another from height.

Must admit, I'd been considering some kind of drill-attachment!

Back