Dirty airlock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Reaction score
I found an airlock I had forgotten about and it is black inside and probably has been like that for several years. At the moment it is soaking in sterilizer. Any tips for cleaning out the black **** inside it please?

Thanks

PH

The Wilko handy airlocks are two piece and much quieter then the 3 bubble type ones they also allowed my DJ's to be stored under the over head cupboards in my kitchen as the bubble ones were too tall.

handy_airlocks.png

As per Chippy I like the Wilko airlocks, for a couple quid with the bungs it's a disposable item if in any doubt.

Hmm... yes well the nearest Wilco is a good hours drive from here up at Edinburgh. I'll leave it soaking for another few days and see what happens. Thanks all.

PH

If it doesn't work buy a pack of decent size balloons prick a couple of holes in one and stretch it over the neck of the DJ.

Like I said an hour away as we are by Jedburgh, on a good day with no tractors or lorries. It's getting cleaner though day by day.

+1 for oxiclean. Gash Slugg has a youtube video of cleaning up a right stinker.

Latest posts

Back