DIY Hop spidee

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart Wilson

Reaction score
I usually add hops in Muslin bags ... one bag per batch. Tried something a bit different today. Using one of the reusable fruit bags you can get in Tesco. Hung it into boiling worr so I can add back batch of hops to it. Seems to work so far......
20220821_153503.jpg

Yes that fine just make sure that there is enough in the bag if you are adding to it if not use another bag (they are only about 30p) they are re-usable athumb..

I usually add hops in Muslin bags ... one bag per batch. Tried something a bit different today. Using one of the reusable fruit bags you can get in Tesco. Hung it into boiling worr so I can add back batch of hops to it. Seems to work so far......View attachment 73741
I use them all the time, I’ve got 2 in my FV right now suspended on magnets as I’m attempting a closed ferment and transfer this time around. Lidl also do them but not sure of price, very handy though.

Those bags are brilliant. So many extra uses you can put them to. We use them to strain tomatoes/fruit. Much cheaper than jam bags too! I think those are what Chopped uses at Four Priests

Back