Do you remember.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We knew how to have fun back then. :laugh8:

1617559650435.png

I've not found one...yet! Found a few fibulas and trumpet brooches but Roman is a bit thin on the ground round here...or too deep!
They went to North Wales but didn't stay long, they didn't like the fact that the pubs shut on a Sunday.

Reactions: CD
Anyone for the free spoke reflector in packets of Kellogg’s cereals?

E6AB988F-44EC-40E8-AC07-B0E3519D82FA.jpeg

Anyone make a throwing arrow? Basically a dart,straight stick,fibreglass was better. You split one end and put some flights in it then whittled a groove around the shaft just under the flights. You then took a length of string with a knot in the end and wrapped the string into the groove,trapping it on the knot then pulled it tight down to the pointy end. You then threw the arrow but kept hold of the string, propelling it into the air. They went "miles"..but were a bit dangerous!
We used to make them from bamboo as there was an abundance of it in a stately home with a big woods we roamed,Dutch arrows was what we called them .

We used to do the same by scraping match heads and filling the gap, if one of the bolts threads stripped they used to fly many many feet, we knew how to have fun back in the day and no one lost a finger (i think) ;)
Done the same though we tied string to ours so you could retrieve them.
We used to light fires and put aerosols into them and run like the hammer's as you never knew which way it would land.

Uesless bit of trivia for today, reg varney from on the buses, was the first person in the uk to use an atm, (hole in the wall).

What about cabana chocolate bars. Really wish they would make them again !!

The music in the advert still sticks in my head to this day

There are endless retro sweets that could fill pages up.
just a couple you might remember !!!

Attachments

• 2_Old_Jamaica_1024x1024.jpg
    2_Old_Jamaica_1024x1024.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 47
It was discontinued for many years sadly :(
There was a huge petition to bring it back, tbh it was no where near as good as the old one imo.

Attachments

• bv.jpg
    bv.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 48
Ah...I just looked at buying some...they could have at least put the proper wrapping on it!
It's not as good probably because it needs real rum!
I'll see if I can find some in a sweet shop before committing to a box full.

Clint it is pretty good tbh, had a few bars.Tesco or sainsburys normally have it, get the mrs to have a look next shopping day.
Sorry no old school wraper for us old farts tho :laugh8:
edit tried making some a few years back, soaking raisens in rum and melted dark choc.

Back