Do you remember.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the glass soda syphons that were always sat on the bar top?

1616165720889.png

It’s not much different now. Then we had two channel showing current stuff and now we have two channel showing current stuff and 450 channels showing stuff that was on those two channels yesterday, last week or years ago!

It’s not much different now. Then we had two channel showing current stuff and now we have two channel showing current stuff and 450 channels showing stuff that was on those two channels yesterday, last week or years ago!

clapa

(Born in the 80s) Who remembers when..

All the phone numbers went from "oh" to "oh-one"?

Channel 5

That weird modem dial up squeal that was like plugging into the The Matrix (until someone picked up the phone)

Almost nobody having a mobile phone, to suddenly everyone having one, in the space of about 12 months, with a green LCD screen with pixels the size of a Lego brick and naff ringtones

The millennium bug

When fancy coffee wasn't a thing

Primary school class drinking milk from glass bottles

99% of beers were commercial lager and "bitter" was the other option but something a bit strange (thats how it seemed to me at the time anyway)

Last edited:
The millennium bug

A lot of companies made a lot of money out of that one.

BBC -
I certainly do - in the late 1990s, I interviewed a number of experts warning many computers would not cope when the date flicked over to 01/01/2000.
Huge sums were spent to prepare for the consequences of this bug - or rather feature - in the way some older systems handled dates.
But midnight passed on the 1 January and the crisis failed to materialise - planes did not fall from the sky, power stations did not melt down.

Scary rumours that when you moved up to comprehensive school the older boys would either throw you in the pond or stick your head down the toilet... BRING IT ON!

Scary rumours that when you moved up to comprehensive school the older boys would either throw you in the pond or stick your head down the toilet... BRING IT ON!

You had a pond ashock1 posh school :laugh8:

Latest posts

Back