Dogs.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really does rip your heart out when you lose your dog, we had Kif a Rhodesian Ridgeback for almost 15yrs before she became so ill we had to let her go. I said 'never again' would I put myself through that pain and promptly took on a rescue cat to prevent temptation. She was with us for 12yrs and I was again heart broken when her time came although not quite as bad. We then took on Molly aged 5yrs from the midlands ridgeback rescue and she is now our whole life , she has just turned 9yrs and has proved to be the most fantastic and loving companion . We'll both be devastated when her time comes obviously but its all part of life's tapestry we're always sad to lose someone we love. I'd add a pic of her but don't know how to.

Amen on that. It's hard loosing. But it's not the loss that's life. It's the memories that were made. The hardest are the family members. Loss is what life is about. How you deal with it. How you grow with it. And how it scares the **** out of even the toughest of us.
For those who have lost your companion, think of all the new adventures you'll go on with your new mate!!! Think of not what you'll get but you know you can give that guy or gal a suberb life. Your giving that pal such a great life.

I bet they are great in winter for keeping your hands warm (for a short time)
Makes me think I'll get another dog, so I can keep both hands warm :lol:

JESSICA'S POEM​

If it should be that I grow old and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done for this last battle can't be won
You will be sad I understand, don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day more than all the rest your love and friendship stands the test
We've had so many happy years what is to come can hold no fears
Would you want me to suffer?

So when the time comes please let me go
Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only stay with me until the end
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see
It is a kindness you do for me

Although my tail has last it's waved
From pain and suffering I've been saved
Do not grieve it should be you
Who must decide this thing to do
We've been so close we three these years
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

A mate sent me this after Jessica had a stroke and had to be put down ...

... and it still gets me going!!!​

That hit me too. My good friend just lost his dog yesterday and it's tough.

JESSICA'S POEM​

If it should be that I grow old and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done for this last battle can't be won
You will be sad I understand, don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day more than all the rest your love and friendship stands the test
We've had so many happy years what is to come can hold no fears
Would you want me to suffer?

So when the time comes please let me go
Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only stay with me until the end
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see
It is a kindness you do for me

Although my tail has last it's waved
From pain and suffering I've been saved
Do not grieve it should be you
Who must decide this thing to do
We've been so close we three these years
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

A mate sent me this after Jessica had a stroke and had to be put down ...​

... and it still gets me going!!!​

Nearly clicked "like this post" but think 'appreciate this post' is more appropriate.

Just imagine if you don't happen to be an animal lover ( weird I know but they do exist) and you were out for a nice peaceful walk when suddenly you find your shoe's coated in dog ****, you'd be a bit p***** off I think. If you keep dog as your pet aka best friend then surely its not too much trouble to respect others by cleaning up behind it, after all your dog can't do it for itself. Is it really too much to ask that once contained in a bag that you can't be bothered to then carry it to the nearest bin or even home?

What an evening.

Our dog suki-sue, like I've said before is as mad as a box of frogs. Never ill apart from the odd cut paw, or odd graze, she doesn't seem to see barbed wire to well, or she's just into s&m ;-)

She chases her tail all the time, runs into things, falls down and UP the stairs, and can't seem to stop when going full gate.

Anyway, she was acting very strangely when I got back from work. SWMBO arrives and she's off to the vets.

Turned out......sprained spine!

She's on doggy ibruprophen and has had the same injection plus a 0.5mg dose of vetergesic. Which is like a pre op sedative.

So I present my poorly rather spaced out doggie. :-(

IMAG2420.jpg

Heres mine, her name is Sadie (a Cavachon). She certainly enjoys her comfort.

c36c0f66e23cef13105cc1655ce20ec6.jpg

Previous English Springer Spaniel that grew up with me.

Now we have 2 Sprocker Spaniels 5 & 6.

All my family have always had dogs and, when i move out, i'm certain i will not break that trend. Absolutely love dogs!

Currently in a cat phase, but grew up with a king charles spaniel who was from a litter of a cousin so we all met up with the others a few times a year, then a german shepherd cross with a bit of collie I think because he was a rescue and was so thin when we got him. He made up for that later in life! Favourite memory was being on the phone downstairs when one of the cats bolted through a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs, and the dog gave chase....... Moments later I see a cat fall past the window.....followed by the dog! Both were fine when we caught up with them and were still friends by dinner time but if you wanna play chase then he won't say no.
When we moved to Scotland we gained a few more cats and made friends with the farm over the road who had an old labradoor. The dogs got on well so when they moved to France they asked if we could look after her, so we gained another. Happy days.

Last winter I found this piece of advice - issued by the BBC Weather service-
_80562358_snow_dog_1800.jpg

The advice was supposed to be for human safety - but if you loose your dog you may freeze to death looking for it!

Hi!
A colleague's dog had puppies, so I chose a pretty little female and brought it home home last week as a surprise for the wife. However it turns out that my wife is allergic to dogs.
I'm heartbroken, because I've fallen in love with this little pup. Now it looks like I'm going to have to find a new home for her.
Can anyone help me - she's 62, a good cook and likes bingo.

I have Three black Cocker Spaniels at the moment & 5 pups born only Three days ago.
I have previously also had Two Springers.

Latest posts

Back