Dogs.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had our dogs before picking up after you dog became the done thing, I dont think i could now get a dog knowing I would have to carry a bag of **** around with me, I do admire dog owners that are not selfish and do it, I still see far too many who don't.

I see a log of poo hanging in plastic bags on trees on the local cycling track - I assume it's poo , i've never opened a bag to check it out:???:

what's that all about?

Toby our Black Cocker. We don't work him, he caught this rabbit all on his own. Hence the Triumphant look.

20140622_115708-1.jpg

I have a wee cavalier king Charles spaniel called Summer, who is three and likes to sleep 80% of the time... that's the life

3ffa45380714b279188e556c10bfa52f.jpg

We mainly use our two labs for picking up.

Jake was well into picking up (mainly rabbits, hares, pheasants and grouse) by the time I went pigeon shooting over a mates newly ploughed field.

Sat in the hide with Jake I shot a pigeon and sent him out to retrieve it. No problem, he came back, snuck under the flap of the hide and dropped it to hand.

He then spent the next ten minutes spitting and coughing to get the three thousand feathers out of his mouth; with a "You knew didn't you!" look at me every so often.

"Bang!" I shot another one and Jake was off again; but this time he picked up the pigeon by the very tip of one wing, lifted his head high enough to keep the other wing out of the mud and headed back to the hide.

The only problem was that with his head held so high he couldn't see where he was going so progress back to the hide was somewhat slowed by his need to check every so often where the hide was and his propensity to fall into the furrows.

By the time he got back I could hardly see for the tears of laughter, but no matter how many more pigeons he fetched for me (and there were many hundreds over the years) Jake always retrieved them by holding the tip of one wing; and it worked fine if the field wasn't ploughed!

Happy days!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I see a log of poo hanging in plastic bags on trees on the local cycling track - I assume it's poo , i've never opened a bag to check it out:???:

what's that all about?

Pure laziness really gets on my nerves that. You've done half the job of picking it up, why hang it on a tree?

Pure laziness really gets on my nerves that. You've done half the job of picking it up, why hang it on a tree?

I guess they think they have done the decent thing as no one can stand in it, are there rules about putting it in normal rubbish bins meaning you have to use dog waste bins only?

Fido-1476-Eng.jpg

Most of the fields I walk my dog in are used for livestock. So sometimes, i can't spot the dog poop from the cow and sheep poop.

If she does her buisnes in the street I pick it up and put it in any bin I can find. Sorry

With breeding like that there is every change that he will be both fast and insane ...

... I can see it in those "come hither" eyes so he don't fool me!! :lol: :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean, but he'll never be anywhere near as insane as either of our previous dogs..

The other day I was teaching him wait, I grabbed a treat from the bag of treats and put them on the sofa next to me, then walked across the room, he sat patiently waiting, eyes trained on me, then I gave him the command to come to me, in a. Instant he jumped onto the sofa face first into the bag of treats. Hmmmm going to need to watch this one.

This is my westie Frankie having his tummy tickled by my daughter. Those two are thick as thieves.

12119169_10156067132685462_1953649816501524645_n.jpg

This is my westie Frankie having his tummy tickled by my daughter. Those two are thick as thieves.

Great photo ... :thumb:

... reminded me of a bumper sticker that I saw on a rusty old van that paraphrased the one about dogs and said ...

"REMEMBER - Kids are not just for benefits!"

A kid and a dog - magic!! :thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Back