Dorset Homebrew - another one bites the dust...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevieboy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Dorset Homebrew has had to close. They were once just round round the corner from me in Wimborne, with a walk in shop, then relocated to Hamworthy, as an online concern only......and now they're gone. FFS.

I now don't know of a single homebrew shop anywhere near me......sad times.

Sad times, online shopping has killed many small businesses and it will continue to do so, we are lucky as we have a small health food shop in town that stocks a few bits of home brew stuff yeast, nutrient, pectolase stabiliser, FV's and a few kits and a Wilko in the next town.

Very sad indeed. I used to use them a fair amount, and enjoyed going over to wimborne market on a Sunday to browse. I pretty much stopped using them when they moved to hamworthy, don't think they were big enough to move to online only. Shame.

Very sad indeed. I used to use them a fair amount, and enjoyed going over to wimborne market on a Sunday to browse. I pretty much stopped using them when they moved to hamworthy, don't think they were big enough to move to online only. Shame.
Are Hamworthy Engineering still around I had two job interviews with them in 1982 and they still haven't got back to me. 😀

I don't think they occupy that big site on Fleets Corner any more, but they are still going in a small way, as (I think) heating engineers.

Latest posts

Back