Drilling a tap hole in a Fermenting bin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SE10PAT

Reaction score
afternoon all,

I was hoping to drill a hole at the bottom of my FV and fit a tap from my pressure barrel, so as to make use of my 'little bottler'.

Does anyone have any tips to follow or avoid? Main worry is that the seal wont be tight enough to keep all the brew in during fermentation. Also that the barrel tap screws into threads within the barrel, these don't exist in the FV.

cheers
Pat

My little bottler came with a tap and I fitted it as above. The only change I'd make is the height of the tap, i.e. I wish I'd put it a bit lower. I have to tilt the FV to get the last few bottles out which can be a bit tricky.

BrotherMalice said:
I think my little bottler came with a tap included (not fitted it yet), is this the tap you are going to use?

There should be a nut on the tap?

Yes mate thats the one.

I i'll just have a go like Fairbrew mentions and hope all works :thumb:

SE10PAT said:
BrotherMalice said:
I think my little bottler came with a tap included (not fitted it yet), is this the tap you are going to use?

There should be a nut on the tap?
hope all works :thumb:

The wife will go mental if it doesn’t mate, 40 pints of brew on that new carpet is not going to go down too well!!! :cheers:

Back