Dry hop suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephenj

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all, got an experimental-ish 12 litre pale ale which I used junga hops for the first time as got them cheap. Used 20g at 60mins, 30g at 0. 52IBU according to brew father. The brew is fermented out, tasted ok when tested for final gravity, but a bit meh. I've got the following hops in the freezer that I could use, although got 3 brews worth of grain in garage that I might want to use some of the hops for. What's Junga like as dry hop? Any point in using it?

Any suggestions on what I might do?

50g each of Junga, Azacca, Mosaic
45g citra
70g Mandarina
22g Chinook
Loads of Amarillo

I probably go for Citra and Mosaic dry hop.

Are you bottling or kegging?

Bottling.

I was thinking to go for small amounts to try and keep some back for other brews. Ideas o. Quantities?

I'd go with the whole lot of Citra and Mosaic if you're after a big aroma.

not wanting to hijack the thread, but looking for some advice...
currently got a mangrove jack brewers series pale ale fermenting. i have 50g cascade and 50g northern brewer hops available. should i bother dry hopping it and if so with which ones? I have made a mj pale ale before and used 1.2kg LSM and 50g centennial hop tea, but i found it too malty/mealy? I have since dry hopped for 2 days in the secondary vessel just lobbing the hops in and straining through a sieve (and my teeth) prior to bottling.
as i said, any suggestions gratefully received.

I haven't dry hopped my last few IPA/APA brews. The only reason I asked was when I tasted from the trial jar it wasn't very flavoursome. I would advise, other might disagree, when checking for final gravity you see what it tastes like.

I'd keep the Junga for bittering, where they do a great job. Mandarina are pretty useless; keep them for bittering, too. As for the others, I'd mix them up a bit and go no more than 50g total for 2 or 3 days.

Back