Edinburgh

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBilly

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Off to Edinburgh for a couple nights, planning to head out for a couple jars tomorrow night.

So question is: Where in Edinburgh is a pub or bar that would serve good craft beer/ale.

Cheers
BrewBilly

WwwEdinburgh is a brilliant city for good bars. I'll list some of my favourites and you can look them up.

The Guildford
Cafe Royal
Half Way House
Cloisters
Blue Blazer
The Bow Bar
Thomsons
The Hanging Bat
Berts Bar
Kays Bar
Cask and Barrel
The Cumberland.

There us also a couple of Witherspoons on George Street if you are looking for something a bit cheaper.

Bit of a brain dump but you won't go wrong with any of them. Infact you can string a few together for a rather rewarding pub crawl.

And don't forget the southern on south clerk street.
I was in on Thursday last week and counted over 10 craft beers on tap

Eli_D said:
And don't forget the southern on south clerk street.
I was in on Thursday last week and counted over 10 craft beers on tap
Noticed you hiding in the back :p
Holyrood 9a is owned by the same folk and has a good range. Red squirrel is also owned by them but not so many beers.

Make sure you visit the right halfway house. theres a few of them and some are complete dives!

You've GOT to check out Jake's place next to the back entrance to Waverly Station. It's on Market street and totally awesome. Spent a fair bit of time and money in it last weekend. The Hanging Bat too. Food in both is pretty good also.

Have fun!

:cheers:

DirtyC

Folks I'm afraid to say that tonight I was herded along with the pack I was out with.

We managed to start at the Fiddlers Arms on Grass market (I hope I got that right) I did however try to educate my mates that we could only go to the surrounding pubs that had good beer, so at least I got to avoid the usual commercial stuff being served and managed to find a few good pints that got me through the evening.

Thanks for all the tips on good places to visit. Belfast bound tomorrow.

Cheers
BrewBilly

Some great pubs in Edinburgh, but for just trying unusual beers I'd recommend:

Hanging Bat
Brewdog
Cask & Barrel (both of them)
Red Squirrel
Halfway House
Holyrood 9A
Blue Blazer
Cloisters

Back