Elderflower, not sure what the tree looks like, but got pics

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbotez

Regular.
Reaction score
Been for an adventure with the litte man today down the canal, ended up doing about 6 miles!!!!

Anyway, on the look out for Elderflower trees, i know there not in flower yet, but hoping to spot them ready.

So, got some pics, think i know which one it is, but just need some conformation :hmm:

Possible Elderflower :wha: ;
sdc11002b.jpg

sdc11003c.jpg

sdc11004v.jpg

Some other tree, thinking maybe :hmm: , is it mayflower or something?? Remember LHBS saying something, or reading it somewhere

sdc11010f.jpg

Top ones look more like hawthorn to me. Elderflower have much bigger flower sprays.
If I remember the camera in the morning I'll take a pic of some whilst walking the dog

oh, bugger!! I did look on google pics but i just couldnt really get an idea of what they looked like.

Is it worth just waiting a month and having another look?? :wha: :wha: :wha:

in my experience (which admittadly is quite limited), elderflower only smells/tastes of cat **** if you pick it a day or so after it has rained - if you make sure to pick it after a few days of hot sun you'll be fine :D

onelegout said:
in my experience (which admittadly is quite limited), elderflower only smells/tastes of cat **** if you pick it a day or so after it has rained - if you make sure to pick it after a few days of hot sun you'll be fine :D

Interesting, thanks onelegout.

Latest posts

Back