Energy cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezerh

Reaction score
I am reading up and down the forums and I am noticing a common raw ingredient in the recipes I like the sound of which is cordials looking particularly at "vimto wine" and "rasperryade" posts I had a brainwave what if you open your favorite energy drink let the fizz evaporate then add sugar, yeast and water? Has anyone experimented with this yet? I'm looking to make 5lts if anyone has a recipy will save a few pence :P

Please do :D I thought of this after my girlfriend just slept though a trip to the cinema I wanted a drink but she was to tired I had been drinking relentless an wondered how it would taste as a natural alcohol

Wouldn't it be easier to brew some 23% and mix it? :whistle:

well no i am not much of a spirits fan i literally like the taste of energy drinks think its the blueberry flavoring or what ever it is taurine? i am just intrested to see if i can make a medium/sweet cyder with it enough for 500ml or so just to experiment

gaz jones said:
tezerh said:
what ever it is taurine?

Taurine is an amino acid. Some research suggests that taurine may improve athletic performance.
mixed with caffine and sugar
energy drink are made

i thought it was an acid must admit i have never herd of a taurine fruit being yelled out on the market lol i think it is blueberry flavoring then there all pretty much the same base flavor might as well invest in some tescos value for my experiment.
think ill give it a wurl next week cant have too much on the go as space does not permit :P

I thought it was weird... I bought some KITTEN MILK, for my cat

and that had taurine in so I looked it up and found that wiki artical about it
increasing athlectic performance!

Without sounding too rude, taurine sounds a great ingredient to be slipping ur girlfriend on the sly ;)

Do you have the commercial drinks like 4-Loco and Sparks? They are basically high alcohol (8-12%abv) energy drinks. The first few sips are nasty but they grow on you a bit. :-) I say good luck with your experiment! :thumb:

Nah, we don't have those. Probably with good reason, lol!

Anyway, you need to be careful that whatever you're trying to ferment doesn't have any sort of sorbate in it as a preservative, as this will seriously impair the yeast activity and it'll just sit there, not fermenting.

How's about making some kind of "ade" but adding in caffiene and tourine for that energy kick? You'd have to be careful on the amounts I guess, as caffiene is poisonous in large amounts...

you can buy an energy soda stream concentrate, then follow the alco coke recipie on here... i dont know off hand if there is a sugar free one.

Latest posts

Back