Euro 2020, who's watching?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have the easier side of the draw lets hope we dont have a banana skin moment.

eeeee.jpg

I didn't predict that. England were not really tested by a lack-lustre Germany (who had just scraped through the last round). Stirling best player by far. Some takeaways:- Philips good. Trippier always working hard. Grealish did make a difference when he came on. Back 4 looked a solid unit. Pickford was passionate and excellent in goal. Kane got lucky.

Might make it to the quarters, but thankfully we have the easier side of the tournament. It would have been a different story against France or Portugal.

To be honest, once you get to the quarter finals, most teams play out of their skins so in that regard, I'm not sure it matters which side of the draw you are on. You've just got to play who's against you. Cliché alert! 😁

Maybe I was positive about England (not) great to be proven wrong. We were poor first half but both team were scared of each other. Second half much better.

What a miserable lot you are. We won, didn't we? I know it's only a game, but let's rejoice in having won that particular game. We were ok first half, once we got going- it was the beginning of the second where we didn't shine much. A lacklustre Germany? Haven't really been tested? Do come on lads and lasses- it's a game and we won it. Get the beer in, mines a pint of Imperial Lobster Shandy.

What a miserable lot you are.
I thought I was being quite cheerful, I praised the first goal and everything 😁 😁 😁

I thought we looked ok; and there was much more urgency about our playing this time. Bit of a brown trouser moment when Germany got that free kick straight after the first goal, bout overall, no silly mistakes from us.

I'm watching swe-ukr now to see who we have next!

What a miserable lot you are. We won, didn't we?

I also thought i was quite cheerful.

I thought the keeper was excellent tonight and the defence did a great job i definitely wouldn't have called them "a lack-lustre Germany" they gave us a few frights and if our defence had not been on it they would have got a couple for sure.

Sterling is England's best player by some distance.
Yet so many people have wanted him dropped this tournament. He gets so much unwarranted stick that even my mates (who unsurprisingly are all Scottish) have been surprised when I name Sterling in my preferred XI every single time.

I thought the keeper was excellent tonight and the defence did a great job “
Pickford is another one who gets unwarranted stick. Made a couple of errors for Everton early in the season but has been solid since before Christmas and has never let England down. The fact he’s a Mackem goes in his favour too!

What a miserable lot you are. We won, didn't we? I know it's only a game, but let's rejoice in having won that particular game. We were ok first half, once we got going- it was the beginning of the second where we didn't shine much. A lacklustre Germany? Haven't really been tested? Do come on lads and lasses- it's a game and we won it. Get the beer in, mines a pint of Imperial Lobster Shandy.
I’m in two minds about this post An. I completely agree about the miserable buggers but Imperial Lobster Shandy?! 🤢

The fact he’s a Mackem goes in his favour too!
No it doesn't. As a Geordie it means he had to try extra hard. But he did that tonight, granted. ;)

I'm not being negative about England, I'm really pleased they won. But you have to be honest about Germany's performance - it was poor. Let's not get carried away, England worked hard but they weren't world beating.

No it doesn't. As a Geordie it means he had to try extra hard. But he did that tonight, granted. ;)

I'm not being negative about England, I'm really pleased they won. But you have to be honest about Germany's performance - it was poor. Let's not get carried away, England worked hard but they weren't world beating.
They were Germany beating - that’ll do for now 😉

I'm still watching Ukraine and Sweden, and I think it's fair to say that Germany are the worst of the four sides playing tonight. they really didn't throw that much at us, (and of course, fortunately for us, Muller missed that golden chance), although of course we defended well and Pickford was good. Tougher challenges await, but we've done all we can so far. athumb..

Latest posts

Back