European Rugby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slid

Forum Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Just watched Exeter put 40 points on Montpellier. Great achievement from the Lads on the South Coast.
Best team to watch for mine, are Exeter, they play real, ball in hand rugby.
Scarlets were Fab last night as well against Bath.
Great to watch.
Ospreys play the Saracens later tonight, if I can stay awake that long (LOL)

Yeah, I would like to watch that too! Toulon are no longer the force they were and a home QF would be quite remarkable given the position at the end of round 4.

Exeters Back row is really impressive.

Did any of you see Quins Wasps game? wasps leading 21 nil early doors and lost 33-28

Capitulation but a never say die attitude from Quins who put out a mixed side

Exeters Back row is really impressive.

Did any of you see Quins Wasps game? wasps leading 21 nil early doors and lost 33-28

Capitulation but a never say die attitude from Quins who put out a mixed side

Missed it, and gutted I did!

Just watched Exeter put 40 points on Montpellier. Great achievement from the Lads on the South Coast.
Best team to watch for mine, are Exeter, they play real, ball in hand rugby.
Scarlets were Fab last night as well against Bath.
Great to watch.
Ospreys play the Saracens later tonight, if I can stay awake that long (LOL)

If you really like "ball in hand rugby" then you should be watching Rugby League.

Rugby League I do like, but these days is Sky Sports owned. Not subscribed since they "bundled" the channels and started to really over charge on the basis of showing soccer, which I increasingly now despise, as it corrupts and divides what is left of our society.
BBC does show the Challenge cup and also the "World Cup" albeit a rather small sub-set of the said world. That was a rather pathetic show, last year, was it not, Australia dominant and few even of their own supporters even partially interested.

Rugby League I do like, but these days is Sky Sports owned. Not subscribed since they "bundled" the channels and started to really over charge on the basis of showing soccer, which I increasingly now despise, as it corrupts and divides what is left of our society.
BBC does show the Challenge cup and also the "World Cup" albeit a rather small sub-set of the said world. That was a rather pathetic show, last year, was it not, Australia dominant and few even of their own supporters even partially interested.

I agree that that it would be nice to be able to opt out of paying for the football on Sky, I just find it too tedious to watch.
The international scene has only really been between the GB, NZ and Aus but that has started to change of late. Would be nice if more effort was put into that side of the game.

Although I'm a huge RL fan, born within earshot of headingley I'm worried over the future of the game. For me Union is far better run and marketed,and since it's turned professional imo has developed immensely since the days of kick and clap all pile on. RL is rapidly becoming defence orientated.

The Tiggers put out a second team today , as did Glasgow, given that neither franchise had any hope of progression.
Since Glasgow is Scotland minus a credible front row, are we back to playing the spaghetti boys for the wooden spoon?

Back