Eurovision.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you might have picked up that this competition isn't my favourite entertainment. Fair enough, I don't really follow soccer either, but each to his own.
What really got my goat was to look at the newspaper front pages this morning to find that Kate had been sticking her oar in again and allegedly stealing the show.
Why does it get my goat?
* It wasn't the UK's Eurovision it was Ukraine's
* Zelenskyy had asked to make an address during the competition, allegedly to thank the world for their help and support, but was refused because it was against the rules to bring politics into the competition.
* Any intervention or appearance by a royal, by it's very nature, political.
Waiting to hear the complaints come pouring in, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Congratulations to Sweden.

I mean, blink and you'd have missed Kate i'd hardly say she stole the show. 🤣

I thought Loreen's washboard tummy stole the show tbh.

The most popular sport is fishing :tinhat:

It may be but when i googled i could only find football at the top of every result -

World’s Most Popular Sports

Football/Soccer

Soccer, also known as association football, is by far the most popular sport in the world, despite the fact that it may not be obvious in the United States. Soccer is the most popular sport in practically all of Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East, Central America, and Asia. 250 million people play the sport in 200 different countries, and there are around 3.5 billion fans worldwide. The next three most popular sports are field hockey, which has 2.2 billion fans globally, basketball, and cricket, which has 2.5 billion fans (2 billion).

I think that was apocryphal story(and an episode of father ted)
Nope it was true. That’s why we sent Dustin the turkey. We had to sell so many spuds to pay for the Eurovision that the polish went back home after picking non stop for 4 months and paddy mcmuckspreader had to fertilise the fields non stop for 6 months.
There was even talk of getting a loan from “the English” to pay for the next one 😳😳

Nope it was true. That’s why we sent Dustin the turkey. We had to sell so many spuds to pay for the Eurovision that the polish went back home after picking non stop for 4 months and paddy mcmuckspreader had to fertilise the fields non stop for 6 months.
There was even talk of getting a loan from “the English” to pay for the next one 😳😳
Wasn't that just after the English stole all our cabbages and started to claim Paul McGrath was British?

Latest posts

Back