Eurovision.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is anyone else sick to the back teeth of hearing about it already?

I had the radio on in the cab today and they discussed this countless times playing clips from song that have got through and making pointless predictions on who will do well, i have no interest whatsoever and couldn't care less who wins it, am i alone in being a miserable bar steward when it comes to this pointless competition? :laugh8:

Last edited:
Sadly we love it in our house..I have even been watching the semi finals. Most years the feeling here goes from enjoyment of watching how bad some entries are, to wondering how many votes our entry will get to becoming angry and disillusioned at the block voting, to saying how rubbish it all is, to saying we won’t watch it ….till next year.

to wondering how many votes our entry will get to becoming angry and disillusioned at the block voting,

I must admit to watching it with SWMBO back in the day when Terry made it a good laugh.

Sadly we love it in our house..I have even been watching the semi finals. Most years the feeling here goes from enjoyment of watching how bad some entries are, to wondering how many votes our entry will get to becoming angry and disillusioned at the block voting, to saying how rubbish it all is, to saying we won’t watch it ….till next year.

I feel that we will be having much the same kind of night! 😅

Managed to avoid every last vestige of the coronation of old Jug Head and his cadaverous sidekick. I'm sure we can do the same with this excuse for a high-school variety show. Last time I looked, Terry Wogan was treating the whole shebang with proper contempt and now I read of "halves" and "semi finals"! Do they now change ends at some stage and rush at each other with raised alpenhorns while yodeling as terrifyingly as they are able?
If I need some serious viewing this weekend, I can always dig out the complete Monty Python collection.

Is anyone else sick to the back teeth of hearing about it already?

I had the radio on in the cab today and they discussed this countless times playing clips from song that have got through and making pointless predictions on who will do well, i have no interest whatsoever and couldn't care less who wins it, am i alone in being a miserable bar steward when it comes to this pointless competition? :laugh8:
I've been watching the best bits over the years on BBC Red butto and really enjoying it. But can't wait to watch the big final with the best comedy commentators views of the year

A woman has just said in an interview outside the venu she paid £960 for her ticket, one group of people said they paid £15,000 (they didn't say how many in the group) ashock1

Managed to avoid every last vestige of the coronation of old Jug Head and his cadaverous sidekick. I'm sure we can do the same with this excuse for a high-school variety show. Last time I looked, Terry Wogan was treating the whole shebang with proper contempt and now I read of "halves" and "semi finals"! Do they now change ends at some stage and rush at each other with raised alpenhorns while yodeling as terrifyingly as they are able?
If I need some serious viewing this weekend, I can always dig out the complete Monty Python collection.
Gawd save you. Bitterness is no happiness

Not sure a lot of the Eurovision bashing is fair. A few years back think it was mostly terrible and driven by block voting, think that's been less evident over the last couple, still there but not as 100% predictable. Used to be worth watching / listening for Terry Wogan's commentary, more entertaining than many of the acts. Think Graham Norton has proven to be a reasonably good replacement. Still get odd the 'playing for laughs' entries but most of the entrants in recent years seem to be taking it seriously. Not saying it's my taste in music but as Justin said, bit of fun and occasionally some pretty decent acts turn up. Only half listening to the semi final on Thursday and when the last act started, turned to the TV and realised I'd seen them live last year as a support act at prog rog gig in Manchester. The aussie entry this year, Voyager, are a full time serious band who were seriously good live.

All that being said, I'm a full time Leeds United fan so it could just be my tolerance levels for **** and disappointment are quite high:laugh8:

Imagine what those of us who don't care about football feel like every week.

As a football fan i tend to listen to stations like 5 live and occasionally Talk Sport as i know that what they will be discussing but 5 live also covers lots of other things so its easy to avoid football if its not your thing , this week Eurovision is on all stations so impossible to avoid, today i took my USB stick and avoided all Eurovision discussion.

Latest posts

Back