Fathers Day Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky

Reaction score
Just been given a woodfordes head cracker as a present but it says on the packet its a barley wine. I'm not really into barley wine since an escapade in my youth.
I don't want to upset anyone by says its not one I like so was wondering if I could add extra water and produce something I could drink and enjoy. Any help gratefully received.
Or do I just say that its not one I like and could we swap it for something I do like. What do you think is the right course to take?

Try asking on here mate, it's where all the knowledge has gone!

Google "the brewing forum index page" we are the first on the list.

Some names you will recognise.

a4444444444444.jpg

Just been given a woodfordes head cracker as a present but it says on the packet its a barley wine. I'm not really into barley wine since an escapade in my youth.
I don't want to upset anyone by says its not one I like so was wondering if I could add extra water and produce something I could drink and enjoy. Any help gratefully received.
Or do I just say that its not one I like and could we swap it for something I do like. What do you think is the right course to take?

I assume its a 3kg kit?

If so, brew it to 25L with 500g of sugar and you will get a decent enough drink, more to your taste, without hurting anyone's feelings.
:)

Thanks for your help slid I will brew it as you suggest and let you know how it goes :-D

Thanks for the advice Mick I like a strong ale but dislike barley wine such as gold label. I think that I may just give it a go as is nothing ventured nothing gained and if I don't like it I will have to throw a party so my friends can help to drink it :drunk:

Latest posts

Back