Faulty MARMITE stock pot ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46.philh

Regular.
Reaction score
I ordered a 70ltr MARMITE stock pot from catering-service-fr and received it today.

I already have one for the boiler which I purchased last year but wanted another one for a HLT.

The base is thinner than the one I purchased last year, so much so that I can press the base and it is flexible. It ping's in and out when I press it.

The base feels much thinner than the walls.

Do you think this is faulty or are they all like this now?

Has anyone else had faulty items before and how did they get on with getting a replacement ?

Thanks.

http://shop.ebay.fr/i.html?_nkw=marmite ... itleDesc=0

maybe they are just making cheaper pots ours are pretty thick or its a bad make either way i would contact them to see if its a manufacturing fault or to ask if all their pots are now made this way :thumb:

Scrap that, was thinking about thermo boxes. My 100ltr pots do the same thing...very annoying when you're using a hop stopper...get it snug on the bottom...start filling with runnings and ping...your hop strainers 3mm clear underneath :roll:

I was going to say.....

On further inspection I 'think' it is just the metal base sheet are not tight together so is more flexible but must be the same thickness as the walls are thick as last years purchase....

Thinking it was one sheet folded doubled up so

BUT it cannot be as have cut them before for boiler and it only one sheet of metal.

Maybe it is the same thickness but the bottom is just not as well formed on this one.

Back