Favourite Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best kits I've brewed (with related tweaks):

Evil Dog Double IPA with 100g lemon drop added to the "tea stage" alongside the included hops. The original beer is a bit low on hop aroma for my tastes, so I did this the second time and it is lovely.

Tinsel Toes with an extra can of LME. The advertised 4% wasn't what I wanted out of a winter warmer, so I amped it up a touch. Great stuff, and at 6%, nice and warming too. Probably going to be making this again in time for Christmas.

Mangrove Jack's Grapefruit IPA was the best untweaked kit I've done so far, but I'd like to add some additional citrus flavour somehow if I did it again (grapefruit oleo saccrum after the primary fermentation dies down, maybe).

One more vote for Wherry too, its a good kit.

My favourites tend to vary with the seasons a bit but from what I've brewed so far of the new Munton's Flagship range they've all been really good and especially the Hazy. Got another one of these waiting to brew when I get back from my hols.

Tiny Rebel Cwtch is also really good.

If you like German Weiss beer then the Festival German Weiss is about the closest thing to a commercial beer I've ever made.
Thanks

Woodforde wherry kit is a cracker and value as two tins no no extra needed unless you fancy pimping it up a bit it's better now they provide two packets of yeast
beer 1.jpg

Kama Citra IPA from Northern Brewer has to be one of my favorites. It features Cascade, Centennial, and Citra Hops. The hopping is just right and not overdone. I brewed the extract kit version back in the day and now brew the all grain version (with grains from my local shop every now and again).

Link (I'm a Yank so it's a stateside link)

I guess it's going to depend on what you like to drink. Of the kits I've done in the last couple of years, I'd recommend ...
St Peter's Cream Stout
Woodfordes Nog
Festival Belgian Pale
St Peter's Cream Stout, Munton's Midas Touch Golden Ale,

I can't recommend woodforde's Bure Gold enough, really enjoyed it and it's used all my willpower to save a 5l mini keg for Christmas. Had to put it under the stairs so I don't get tempted!

However.. having just kegged a Festival New Zealand Pilsner - that's looking very very hopeful. Kegged it yesterday and had a small sample out the FV and it's not far off being really nice already. Never had something so good straight out the Fermentor before! Will let it condition in the cornys until Christmas ish, but have really high hopes.

I can't recommend woodforde's Bure Gold enough, really enjoyed it and it's used all my willpower to save a 5l mini keg for Christmas. Had to put it under the stairs so I don't get tempted!

However.. having just kegged a Festival New Zealand Pilsner - that's looking very very hopeful. Kegged it yesterday and had a small sample out the FV and it's not far off being really nice already. Never had something so good straight out the Fermentor before! Will let it condition in the cornys until Christmas ish, but have really high hopes.
I really enjoyed the NZ Pils. One of the best kits I did

I really enjoyed the NZ Pils. One of the best kits I did
Good to hear, have to admit I was a little surprised by the 100g dry hop for a pils but it tasted lovely yesterday.

How long did you leave it to drink? While I can hold off on the kegs for a while, the 2l bottle once carbonated is going to be pretty tempting!

Latest posts

Back