Fermentasaurus snubnose fermenter review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For cleaning I just add a few spoonfulls of sodium percarbonate (buy in bulk so really cheap) and fill to the top with hot water. Leave it a few hours, empty it then before the next use I swill some starsan around it and good to go. If doing this leave the purge pulled up as pressure builds pretty quick from the O2 coming off sodium percarb.

I had decided on the snub nosed as it looks simpler to manage Or even the junior keg as even more so but none available at the moment so this is an option again. Reading through the instructions it looks quite a bit of a faff though to set up and clean. I like the idea of harvesting yeast but am quite a lazy brewer so happy to forgive that for an easier life!

I had decided on the snub nosed as it looks simpler to manage Or even the junior keg as even more so but none available at the moment so this is an option again. Reading through the instructions it looks quite a bit of a faff though to set up and clean. I like the idea of harvesting yeast but am quite a lazy brewer so happy to forgive that for an easier life!

All you need to do is use a no-rinse sanitiser once you have put the posts on. Let me know if any problems. People who make the same beer often just leave the yeast etc and it fires up again once fresh wort is placed in there. Dr Hans the Swedish Youtuber did a whole year like that without cleaning and still made good beers.

All you need to do is use a no-rinse sanitiser once you have put the posts on. Let me know if any problems. People who make the same beer often just leave the yeast etc and it fires up again once fresh wort is placed in there. Dr Hans the Swedish Youtuber did a whole year like that without cleaning and still made good beers.
For a lazy brewer like me that sounds perfect, although I’d worry about over pitching using the whole yeast cake.

I’ve gone for the junior king with a sounding valve as I found a supplier. This way I can ease myself into presure fermenting or even just use it as a dry hopping keg

Back