Fermentation fridge switched off

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martybhoy

Reaction score
On Monday when I went to rack my beer from primary to secondary, I noticed the fermentation fridge and inkbird were both off - turns out the extension plug had been yanked, pulling the plug out of the socket just enough to switch everything off.

I had adjusted the temperature to 19° just 2 days prior, so the longest time they could have been off is 2 days .

Does anyone have any idea what temperature the inside of the fridge would have risen or fallen to? Its not a big fridge, just a small one which can hold a 33l FV and not much more.

On Monday when I went to rack my beer from primary to secondary, I noticed the fermentation fridge and inkbird were both off - turns out the extension plug had been yanked, pulling the plug out of the socket just enough to switch everything off.

I had adjusted the temperature to 19° just 2 days prior, so the longest time they could have been off is 2 days .

Does anyone have any idea what temperature the inside of the fridge would have risen or fallen to? Its not a big fridge, just a small one which can hold a 33l FV and not much more.
I believe there are too many variables to come up with an answer on that one. Knowing what temp it got to isn't going to change how your beer turns out.

Sounds like from your OP that fermentation was either well advanced or even finished by the time this happened, so I'm guessing it will have had no effect.
I had a brew once that got up to about 29 and this happened and the beer was still ok:
P1060624.JPG

Sounds like from your OP that fermentation was either well advanced or even finished by the time this happened, so I'm guessing it will have had no effect.
I had a brew once that got up to about 29 and this happened and the beer was still ok:View attachment 13719
Lol - that's quite a mess .

Yeah fermentation was pretty much finished, so hopefully should be ok.

Lol - that's quite a mess .

Yeah fermentation was pretty much finished, so hopefully should be ok.
The temperature is important in the early stages of fermentation, but beyond that it won't have much of an impact on flavour profile. I actually ramp up the temperature on all my brews after the first few days.

Depending where you are, ambient outside temperatures have not been very high or low recently so it probably hasn't changed much anyway. As others have said it is so near the end of the ferment to not likely have any real impact. Get on and bottle it.

Latest posts

Back